Central Dispatch Coordinator
Company: Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation
Location: South Saint Paul
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Central Dispatch Coordinator
South St. Paul, MN, USA
Thursday, January 19, 2023
See yourself at Odyssey.
Join the team as our new Central Dispatch Coordinator.
Who We Are & Why We're Hiring
Odyssey International Forwarding (OISI) Odyssey International
Services, Inc., a subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics & Technology
Corporation (Odyssey), is a one-stop shop; a fully integrated,
asset-light based company that provides a complete set of
international freight forwarding services. Odyssey International
Services delivers unparalleled service for shipments moving inbound
from Asia through the Pacific Northwest to the Midwest and East
Coast, with flexibility, expedient customer service and the best
value. We offer customized solutions and build partnerships with
our customers to ensure their business needs are met. Our
comprehensive knowledge of import and export processes and
regulations enables us to design tailored, cost effective
end-to-end international transportation solutions.
Based in vibrant South Saint Paul, MN, Odyssey is on a journey to
constantly innovate logistics. We're actively recruiting for this
key, high profile role in the company because we have experienced
tremendous growth and would love for you to join us!
Visit us at: www.OdysseyLogistics.com/careers
About the Job:
The Central Dispatch Coordinator will arrange for the delivery of
goods for multiple clients. This includes daily scheduling and
handling of a multitude of shipments ranging in nature, some
quoting, tracing, and communicating with the customer and providing
solutions to problems.
In This Role, You Will:
- Answer phones and respond to customer emails.
- Support the development, implementation, and execution of
processes for the department.
- Coordinate shipping schedules with customers.
- Verifies inventory locations and availability for final
delivery against specified requirements.
- Provide shipment status reports to internal and external
customers as required.
- Ensure that goods are delivered in the most timely and
efficient manner according to documented processes, including
planning the transportation route and payload, selecting the mode
of transportation, tendering the order for transportation, and
tracking the shipment from pick up through delivery all the while
targeting cost reduction, freight savings, service, and contractual
- Keeping internal computer systems updated with the most current
and accurate information available on every shipment.
- Prepare proper paperwork for billing and authorization of a
variety of invoices per defined processes.
- Organizes and maintains hard copy and electronic documentation
supporting order fulfillment, distribution means, pricing, and
- Carrier sourcing as needed to meet demands and minimize
- Works with supervisor to effectively resolve order
discrepancies that are outside of his or her control.
- Answers questions regarding sourcing from internal and external
customers as needed.
- Assembles load fragments into consolidated loads thus balancing
freight savings, service and contractual legal requirements when
- Special project support as required.
- Works closely with carriers to assure efficient and effective
execution of defined processes and goods transportation.
- Follow up with customers to make sure we are capturing all
possible business opportunities as well as areas that may need
- Other duties as assigned.
We recognize not all applicants have every skill or qualification
to match a job description exactly. Odyssey values diverse
experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who
meets most required qualifications to apply. While having "desired"
qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants
with alternative experiences to also apply. We are always looking
for people who will bring something new to the table!
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years customer service
- Minimum 2 years industry experience
- Computer literate with the ability to learn customer service
software applications. Duties require professional verbal and
written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
This is an in-office role based in South Saint Paul, MN.
Odyssey does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy,
childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or
expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation,
marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or
mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and
- South St. Paul, MN, USA
Share this job:
Keywords: Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation, Minneapolis , Central Dispatch Coordinator, Other , South Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!