Medical Assistant / LPN Womens Health
Company: Allina Health Systems
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Number of Job Openings Available:
December 19, 2022
62384400 Allina Health Group Mercy Specialty Center
Day (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Provides support to providers in the delivery of timely, quality
patient health care services in a clinic environment. The clinical
service functions include initial data collection, assisting
providers with rooming, check in and scheduling of appointments.
The LPN also assists patients with prescription management, patient
registration, answering patient concerns and maintaining outpatient
medical records. May work in a team supporting multiple
Individuals in this role will work in an outpatient clinic
Key Position Details:
$2,000 SIGN ON BONUS
Will consider a Medical Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse
Medical Assistant Job Requirements
* Must be 18 years of age with education and/or experience needed
to meet required functional competencies as listed on the job
description, and High school diploma or GED preferred
* 0 to 2 years of Medical Assistant experience required and
* BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required Certified
by the American Heart Association or Allina BLS within 30 Days
* Non-Certified Applicants with less than six (6) months of Medical
Assistant experience must have graduated from an accredited school
with a clinical externship
* Certified Medical Assistant - CMA - American Association of
Medical Assistants preferred
* Medical Terminology preferred
LPN Job Requirements
* Associate's or Vocational degree from a Board of Nursing approved
LPN program required
* Two years clinic LPN experience preferred and
* Licensed Practical Nurse MN BON or Licensed Practical Nurse
Wisconsin, if working in Wisconsin or interacting with Wisconsin
patients by phone
* BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Allina Health required Allina
Health, American Heart Association or American Red Cross within 30
* Provides patient care support and assist providers as instructed
by the physician, provider or RN.
* Administers therapies including medications, calling in provider
authorized prescriptions, scheduling follow up visits (and prior
authorization) or other support unique to a specialty provider.
* Provides patient care pre/post encounter or procedure,
preventative or other health information per provider or RN.
* Collaborates with Provider and team on improving and managing
* May start, monitor and discontinue IVs (dependent on site needs
* Rooms patients, manages patient flow and obtains adequate patient
* Performs rooming and accurately measures patients' vital signs
and other measurement/indicators as necessary and records in
* Coordinates communication of medical information and confirms
information with patient when necessary and document per
* Assists patients, as necessary, to prepare for physician exam,
including providing psycho-emotional support.
* Assists in the collection, labeling and processing specimens
* Transfers and assists with patient positioning when necessary.
Assists physician with procedures including preparation of
medication as required/needed.
* Organizes patient flow so physician can move efficiently from one
room to the next.
* Provides outbound calls to patients to follow up as directed
which may include notifying patients of test results.
* Accurately and completely charts information in the patient
* May checkout and schedule follow up visits with provider or
appropriate staff before patient leaves.
* Receive or initiate patient phone calls.
* Answers phones cordially and professionally in a timely
* May confirm or reiterate patient symptom using patient's own
* Arrange for appropriate appointment or forward to RN or provider
* Documents all encounters and patient interactions accurately and
completely in the electronic medical record.
* Retrieves voicemail messages and returns patient call with
* Processes physician orders.
* Performs any clinical functions within scope of license as
ordered by physician.
* Responds promptly to patient needs and requests.
* Reviews patient charts before the visit to ensure that test
results, therapy reports etc. are available.
* Provides appropriate instructions to patient as directed by
* Cleans, prepares, organizes and re-stocks exam rooms.
* Cleans and ensures the proper maintenance occurs for all exam
rooms and sterilize instruments as trained.
* Ensures that required teaching supplies are restocked and readily
* Stocks and supplies exam rooms according to standards and patient
* Other duties as assigned.
Lifting weight Up to 20 lbs. occasionally, Up to 10 lbs.
Keywords: Allina Health Systems, Minneapolis , Medical Assistant / LPN Womens Health, Other , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!