Company: Emerge Community Development
Posted on: January 27, 2023
II. Job Summary: The Development Coordinator plays a critical
role in individual donor and corporate and foundation development
to increase EMERGE's visibility, impact and financial resources.
The Development Coordinator works with a team, including a Senior
Grants Officer and Vice President of Advancement, to achieve agency
fundraising goals. The Development Coordinator builds relationships
with donors and volunteers, coordinates special events and manages
a small portfolio of foundation and corporate grants. This position
records, processes and acknowledges gifts in a donor database and
generates fundraising reports to ensure fundraising goals are met.
The Development Coordinator reports to the Vice President of
Advancement and is a member of the Advancement Team. This is a
hybrid position, which offices at EMERGE's headquarters in North
Minneapolis. III. Core Job Functions: The Development Coordinator
performs a wide range of duties including but not limited to the
- Develop and foster positive relationships with current and
prospective donors to increase individual donor giving for EMERGE.
Cultivate new donors and increase donations from existing donors
through events, solicitations, e-newsletters and appeals. Identify
major gift prospects for agency leaders to cultivate. Develop a
high quality stewardship process to acknowledge, appreciate and
recognize donors consistent with giving level.
- Manage and support a small number of special events throughout
the year, including the annual fundraiser. Assist in securing
vendors and sponsorships; provide on-site management of event
activities; organize staff and volunteers; and evaluate results of
each event and recommend new ideas.
- Manage donor database (Bloomerang) and maintain its accuracy
and integrity. Enter donations, process acknowledgements and
identify and segment prospects for events, annual giving, and major
gifts. Develop timely reports for agency leaders to analyze giving
- Seek grant funding from a subset of new and existing foundation
and corporation funding sources to meet or exceed fundraising
goals. Research foundations, develop proposals and track grant
applications and reports. Work with the Senior Grants Officer to
achieve agency deadlines for grant submissions and reporting.
- Support volunteer engagement efforts at EMERGE for individual
and group opportunities that results in mutually beneficial
relationships. Oversee volunteer recruitment, appreciation and
- Manage intake of gifts in partnership with our Administrative
and Finance staff. Assist in monthly reconciliation between
Advancement and Finance departments.
- Assist in other department tasks as needed, contributing to
- Perform any other tasks and duties necessary in order for the
agency to meet its mission. IV. Position Requirements: Education
- BA/BS in business, marketing or similar field preferred or
equivalent combination of post-secondary education and relevant
- 2+ years of nonprofit development experience preferred.Skills,
Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent communications and relationship-building skills with
the ability to work with all levels of staff, board, donors and
- Motivated self-starter with strong organizational and project
- Demonstrated skills in setting priorities, developing work
schedules, monitoring progress towards goals, and tracking details,
data and activities.
- Desire to learn best practices and trends in fundraising and
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office 365, including Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; as well experience with donor
database software (Bloomerang preferred).
- Ability to work effectively in a mission-driven agency whose
clients and staff reflect significant diversity with respect to
race, ethnicity, gender, orientation, socio-economic status,
nationality and religion.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working
relationships with others, both internally and externally, to
achieve the goals of the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences using
appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Ability to be decisive and effective under pressure in the best
interests of the Advancement team and organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use excellent judgment
in sensitive situations.
- Willingness to contribute to agency's anti-racism work.
- Ability to travel within the metro area. V. Working Conditions
and Environment:ECTC: Incumbent will have a designated workspace in
a typical office environment. The building is multiple floors and
fully accessible and is smoke-free. Work will include regular local
travel. Working hours are generally Monday through Friday, 8:30
am-5:00 pm, but will include occasional evening and weekend hours.
Hybrid schedule with days worked from home is available. The noise
level in the work environment is usually moderate, sometimes loud.
Keywords: Emerge Community Development, Minneapolis , Development Coordinator, Other , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!