Large Cutters - Operator
Company: Koozie Group
Location: Sleepy Eye
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Great reasons to join Koozie Group:
- People-first culture
- Flexible schedules
- Great shift differential (2nd shift: $1.25/hour / 3rd shift and
weekend shifts: $1.75/hour)
- We will train for all positions!
- Climate-controlled environment (clean and
- Great benefits, including:
- Medical HSA and HRA plans
- Flex spending accounts
- PPO dental
- VSP vision
- Employee assistance program
- Employer-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- PTO - Paid Time Off (vacation, sick, personal)
- Advancement opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Employee recognition program
- Under limited supervision does maintenance, sets up and
operates machines for cutting, off-stacking, drilling, and assembly
of all types of advertising products.
Essential Job Functions:
- Sets up machine and operates it according to Work Instructions
and operator manual. Identifies when mechanical problems
- Performs operator-level maintenance duties on all equipment
(daily, weekly, monthly, yearly) and maintains documentation of
- Lifts up to 45-pound boxes frequently. Team lifts at higher
- Accurately reports and records daily production and scrap.
- Achieves make-ready and run times.
- Communicates to Supervisor and/or MFG Facilitator to address
any work area concerns.
- Works rotating shifts and overtime as scheduled and/or required
to meet business timelines.
- Follows all Safety and Quality protocols and adheres to ISO
9001; 14001, 6S standards and Lean processes.
- Maintains an effective working relationship and communication
with fellow employees, including temporary associates, by adhering
to Koozie Group's policies in all activities and through promoting
KG's Vision and Values and Respect in the Workplace.
- Visually inspects product to complete required quality
- Reach, bend, twist, push, pull, grasp and stand for extended
periods of time as well as freely move about the facility as needed
for the position.
- Reads and follows all Manufacturing Order (MOs)
- Reports time accurately.
- Supports teamwork and process improvements through active
participation in meetings and helping team ideas work.
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably
- Wraps, bands, tags and/or moves skids of product.
- Utilizes verbal and written instructions, dispatch lists, and
cutter machine production data to determine work assignments.
- Interprets and verifies routing instructions, utilizes job
planning computer, Compu-Cut software, spec sheets, proofs, and
samples to establish job requirements.
- Set up and operate computerized cutting equipment, maintaining
precise size and position tolerances with minimal variance. Set up
and operate cutting off-stackers to place cut material on
- Changes cutter blades as required using extreme caution.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Must Successfully Pass Pre-Employment Background and Drug
- Organizational and communication skills.
- Reading, writing, and math skills.
- Mechanical skills preferred.
- Must have the ability to make decisions involving job layout,
specifications, and quality.
- Knowledge of quality methods and techniques preferred.
- Previous work as a machine operator in a production and/or
manufacturing environment is preferred.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire
great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because
it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company
stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm to Keep the
Good Going, you will find your way at Koozie Group.
Koozie Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do
not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race,
age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical
conditions), gender, marital status, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed,
color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including
transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or
local law. Koozie Group also prohibits harassment of applicants and
employees based on any of these protected categories.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Koozie
Group will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified
individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and
current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the
employer. Associated topics: childrenswear, cutter, draper,
fashion, garment, oshkosh, pattern, textile, texture, woven
Keywords: Koozie Group, Minneapolis , Large Cutters - Operator, Other , Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!