IT Intern - Help Desk l
Company: Blattner Company
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Blattner Company is a leading renewable energy contractor and
service provider across the United States. Based at headquarters in
Avon, Minnesota, the professional services, support and leadership
teams provide the support services to Blattner Energy and D.H.
Blattner. Blattner is powered by over a century of construction
experience and passionate, innovative employees. Along with our
project teams, we seek to build a better tomorrow for generations
to come.Excited about the chance to join our team and build a
rewarding career? Reports to: Supervisor - Help DeskBenefit
Classification: Hourly, Non-ExemptEducation Requirements: Pursuing
a two-year post-secondary degree in Information Technology or
related field.Experience: Previous IT experience with basic
technology knowledge required. Previous experience using a
ticketing system preferred.Position Summary: Provides end user and
project site helpdesk phone support. Initial end user support for
desktops, laptops, peripherals, mobile devices, and software. Logs
user tickets with detailed troubleshooting steps completed. Assists
other IT staff with deployment of patches and other software/OS
updates via an automated tool or script when required.Essential Job
- Serves as the primary IT contact for helpdesk support calls
across the entire end user environment.
- Monitors helpdesk email, tickets & phone line and provides IT
support and resolution to end users via the phone.
- Coordinates day to day help desk ticketing system and works
with IT staff to provide end user solutions.
- Strives to provide first call resolution for all end users.
Assists when required with user on-boarding and off-boarding
process including AD user account setup and device
- Maintains end user documentation, knowledge base and recurring
communications to end user community to help achieve first call
- Utilizes IT helpdesk & ticketing system to schedule & track
requests and tickets.
- Follows industry and technology trends, keeps current on new
hardware and software that may benefit the company. Secondary Job
- Assists with the administration and support of corporate and
project site folder structure/security.
- Assists with project site equipment setup including laptops and
- Assists with project site inventory system and
support.Additional Job Functions
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Perform other duties per supervisor's discretion.Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities
- Passion for technology and desire to help user of
- Knowledge and experience working with and troubleshooting
Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Office, and TCP/IP networks
and equipment. Knowledge in JD Edwards Enterprise One ERP
- Understanding of tools like Intune, SCCM, and other software/OS
- Strong customer service focus and communication skills, with
ability to convey technical directions in a way end user can
understand and perform.
- Knowledge of mobile device management for iPhone and iPad.
- Mac OS knowledge is preferred.
- Must have the ability to keep information confidential.We are a
unique team of talented, passionate and dedicated individuals.
Experience the power of Blattner Company.
Keywords: Blattner Company, Minneapolis , IT Intern - Help Desk l, Other , Avon, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!