Senior Business Consultant
Posted on: September 24, 2022
At Perficient you'll deliver mission-critical technology and
business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most
recognized brands on the planet. And you'll do it with cutting-edge
technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world's
biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as
well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity
to spread your wings, too.
We're proud to be publicly recognized as a "Top Workplace" year
after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial
attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our
colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Senior Business
Consultant in our Minneapolis office.
The role of the Senior Business Consultant is for individuals
passionate about identifying and delivering the right Business
solution for each client. Our Business Consultants have a keen
Business orientation with an understanding of how technology can be
effectively applied to meet a variety of Business needs.
Our Business Consultants fill a number of different roles on our
project teams working with a variety of technologies for a wide
range of clients. The specific responsibilities vary for each
client and each project. Key to the success of our Business
Consultants is the willingness and desire to quickly learn the
client's industry and the unique requirements of each engagement
and to fill whatever role may be required to best support our
A Business Consultant thrives in challenging environments and
accomplishes difficult assignments without significant supervision
and instruction. Our Consultants can handle the stress of being
accountable for delivery and: complete goals on time, practice
strong attention to detail, persevere through tough obstacles, and
do not get easily discouraged.
The Senior Business Consultant will be involved in the strategic
planning of an engagement or helping the client make decisions
about their future IT direction. Once a project has begun, the
Senior Business Consultant will facilitate key requirements with
stakeholders and customers using standard and User Experience
techniques. The Senior Business Consultant may be responsible for
functional designs, detailed designs and system mapping,
wireframes, requirement specifications, and prototypes.
The Senior Business Consultant works with the Lead Business
Consultant and Senior Project Managers to assist with daily
operations exercising time management, communication and
collaboration in a fast-paced environment to ensure the successful
delivery of projects. The Senior Business Consultant will interface
with Perficient technical and business delivery personnel, as well
as vendors and customers on a re gular basis. This role may mentor
junior c onsultants.
- Build trusted client relationships through proactive account
management and effective project delivery.
- Establishes knowledge of client business challenges and
priorities to translate into opportunities.
- Maintains regular client communication and satisfaction,
ensuring opportunities and challenges are addressed in a timely
- Helps deliver presentations to clients and management teams.
- Contributes to project discoveries, kickoff, prepare proposals
and statements of work following company standards.
- Translate client's business needs into detailed business
requirements documents, use cases and systems interaction diagrams,
including user stories and detail specifications.
- Works with customers to establish approved wireframes and
mock-ups for solutions.
- Assists project team to establish high, mid, and micro level
plans for project team.
- Helps to establish critical path, milestones, delivery dates,
and review client deliverables to ensure they meet client
- Provides leadership throughout the lifecycles of a project,
guiding the understanding the project team has through design and
development to ensure project requirements are met
- Helps establish project test strategy, methodologies, test
plans as well as assist with test execution.
- Instills team commitment to company delivery methodologies and
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4+ years of professional business analysis experience, with
strong relationship management, account management, and support
- Minimum 2 years consulting industry experience working with
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Understanding of iterative development methodologies
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current tech nologies and
complex enterprise level applications
- Knowledge of current technologies, application software
- Skilled ability to obtain, understand and respond strategically
to client needs.
- Highly detail oriented, well organized, and able to coordinate
multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution
- Energetic, motivated, service-oriented, and be able to multi
- Proven track record of delivering on time, on budget, and
meeting client commitments.
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication
- Excellent facilitation, presentation, and reporting
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Flexible to new situations and challenges.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive
benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive
compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding
benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In
addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and
recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities.
Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our
colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a
great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm
serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North
America. With unparalleled information technology, management
consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient delivers vision,
execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business
optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and
competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers,
suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's
professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North
America and locations in India, Latin America, and China.
Perficient is committed to providing a barrier-free employment
process with reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals
with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application
procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a
disability, please contact us.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete
statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential
functions performed by the employee assigned to this
classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change
the duties of the position at any time.
Associated topics: business advisory, business analysis, business
analyst, business systems, business systems analyst, client,
consultant, customer, marketing, sales
Keywords: Perficient, Minneapolis , Senior Business Consultant, Other , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!