Employee Relations Associate
Company: Minneapolis Public School District
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Below is specific information for you to consider about this
Job Title: Employee Relations Associate and Requisition ID number:
Close Date: No established closing date; open until filled
Organizational Unit: Labor Relations/Employee Relations
Site: Davis Center (0001)
FTE: 1.0; this is based on full-time equivalency with 1.0 being
Functional Area: Administrative
Resume and Cover Letter are mandatory to apply for any
Under general supervision, provides advice and consultation to
District staff on disciplinary actions and other employee issues;
assists with employee relations negotiations and resolution of
* Provides advice and consultation to MPS managers on employee
discipline, performance issues, and the interpretation and correct
application of policies and procedures; exercises the highest
degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
* Exercises independent judgment within policy guidelines; analyzes
issues and recommends solutions.
* Advises and assists principals, site supervisors, and department
managers with the resolution of employee issues in response to
conduct and performance concerns.
* Analyzes assigned aspects of labor negotiations and assists
principal negotiators as needed.
* Provides advice and counsel for MPS managers on the proper and
consistent administration of the terms and conditions of labor
* Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with
labor organizations and their business agents in administering
* Coordinates with assigned bargaining units to coordinate
discussions and proposals; assures effective communication of labor
law and employee relations issues.
* Provides consultation and interpretation on labor contracts.
* Conducts legal research on employment and labor law issues.
* Assists with unemployment hearings, grievances, contracts and
grievances as directed.
* Prepares and presents reports on Employee Relations issues.
* Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting
with students, clients, visitors, and MPS staff; acts in a manner
that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment
* Enthusiastically promotes the Superintendent's goals and
priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures.
* Maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues,
records and MPS information.
* Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis
* At times may be required to work outside normal business hours
and work extended hours to accomplish requirements of the
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business or
1 year of experience in employee relations, preferably in the
public sector OR an equivalent combination of education, training
and experience as determined by Human Resources.
* Principles of labor negotiations and employee relations.
* Principles of contract negotiation, contract management, and
collective bargaining agreements.
* State and Federal laws, statutes, rules, codes and regulations
governing employee relations and collective bargaining agreements.
Knowledge of Minneapolis Civil Service Rules.
* Organizational and functional responsibilities of HR Department
* Principles and practices of effective customer service.
* Principles of confidential records and file management.
* Defining issues and problems, collecting data, analyzing
information, and making logical conclusions based on facts.
* Analyzing problems and recommending effective solutions.
* Interpreting a variety of technical instructions and managing
abstract and concrete variables.
* Researching, collecting, analyzing, and preparing data, and
* Providing effective customer service.
* Reviewing documents and extracting relevant information.
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with
co-workers and clients.
* Operating a personal computer using standard and specialized
* Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
A valid Minnesota State Driver's License may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in a standard office environment which requires
occasionally lifting such articles as file boxes or heavier
materials with help from others and/or lifting and carrying light
objects frequently. A job in this category may require walking or
standing to a significant degree or may involve sitting most of the
time with long periods of computer work and heavy phone usage.
MACA - 64 - Exempt
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee.
Final appointment to this position will be contingent upon passing
a criminal background check.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is
essential to our goal of putting children first and making them
college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a
competitive advantage and allows us to better understand,
communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis
Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or
employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, gender or gender identity, marital status, status with
regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age,
family care leave status, or veteran status.
Minneapolis Public Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates
Posting Notes: - [No Established Closing Date] - Labor
Relations/Employee Relations (10000138) - Davis Center (0001) -
Keywords: Minneapolis Public School District, Minneapolis , Employee Relations Associate, Other , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!