DSP Lead Float (29765)
Company: Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Description Lutheran Social Service MN is a dynamic social
service organization serving children, youth and families, people
with disabilities, older adults and military veterans.
Trustworthiness is a value and strength shared by our employees and
recognized by the communities we serve. We offer an ALIVE Workplace
(Supportive, Positive and Fun) and careers that challenge, energize
and rewards employees. Consider joining us!$1000 Hiring Bonus
$17.00/hr. The DSP Lead Float will work between three homes within
close proximity to each other. The schedule is set on a monthly
basis to allow for flexibility. Must be able to work all shifts and
work two weekends(Sat/Sun) per month.As a Direct Support
Professional Lead Float you will provide support and assistance to
the individual to develop, enhance, renew or continue their natural
support network. You will support the individuals in pursuit of
their lifelong hopes, dreams and personal outcomes that align with
MLMC. You will advocate for the individuals in all aspects of the
individual's life in areas such as medical care and in the
community. You will observe, listen and respond to the individuals
with dignity and respect, including emergency situations. You will
assist the individuals to be more independent in performing
essential life skills such as meal preparation, personal hygiene,
medication administration, cleaning, and laundry. You will
participate with the individuals in a variety of events and
activities, which includes driving and possibly accompanying
individuals on overnight trips. You will complete the necessary
documentation and record keeping, participate in all required
training and meetings and other duties as assigned. Asa Direct
Support Professional-Lead Floatwe offer you:
- An excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental,
life, vision, 403(b) plan with a match, wellness program, and other
- Generous PTO plan, Paid Holidays, and 3 Float Days
- Paid training
- Opportunities to continue professional development
- An ALIVE Workplace that is Supportive, Positive, Healthy and
- A diverse workplace
- An outstanding reputationMinimum Requirements
- Experience working with vulnerable populations required.
- Experience and/or training of at least one year with
individuals with disabilities preferred.
- Medication administration training required (may be obtained
- First Aid training required and CPR Certificate may be required
(may be obtained after hire).
- Mental Health Certification may be required (may be obtained
- Bureau of Criminal Affairs background study clearance
- Driver's license required. Motor Vehicle Check (MVR) with a
satisfactory driving record required.
- Ability to read, write, and use computer required.
- Basic math and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to recognize boundaries.
- Ability to suggest and implement strategies to enhance the
- Patience, self-control, and flexibility.
- Computer Skills that support LSS technology.
- FlexibilityLutheran Social Service of MN is an Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of all people
regardless of gender, race, culture, religion, ethnicity, protected
veteran status and/ordisability. We actively foster an environment
that is free of racism, discrimination, bias, and harassment where
all individuals are treated with dignity, safety, and respect.
29765 Job Preview VideoAdditional Posting Information: $1000 Hiring
Bonus $17.00/hr. The DSP Lead Float will work between three homes
within close proximity to each other. The schedule is set on a
monthly basis to allow for flexibility. Must be able to work all
shifts and work two weekends(Sat/Sun) per month. Required
- Administration & Office Support
Keywords: Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota, Minneapolis , DSP Lead Float (29765), Other , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!