Company: Great Northern Equipment Distributing, Inc
Posted on: August 7, 2022
K & M Manufacturing Co., which began as K&M Manufacturing
and Repair, was founded in 1958. Our first products were simple
toolboxes and steps designed to make a farmers work easier and more
productive in the field. In the early 60's K&M expanded the
product line to include replacement tractor seats.From there, the
product line has continued to grow to more than 2,500 innovative
products like seats, suspensions, steps, mirrors, floor mats, cab
foam kits, warning light systems, tool boxes, weight boxes and many
more items. Our products are custom built for Allis Chalmers, Case
IH, David Brown, Ford, International Harvester, John Deere, Kubota,
Massey Ferguson, Minneapolis Moline, New Holland, Oliver White,
Steiger and Versatile tractors and mowers.The size of K&M has
grown to over 32,000 square feet of production space and over
40,000 square feet of warehouse space for materials and finished
products.Why Choose K&M?-Industry leading benefits-Excellent
work/life balance-Opportunity for internal growth and employee
advancement-Check out us out here: Basic Function: The Mechanical
Designer/Drafter works closely with engineering, fabrication, and
assembly departments to assist with engineering and manufacturing
changes. This role is responsible for generating CAD designs and
changes. This individual is also responsible for loading flat
pattern model data necessary to fabricate both metal and foam
constructed flat parts. Essential Functions:
- Generates/modifies CAD models as required.
- Creates/details new and existing drawings as required.
- Generates technical documents required for the
installation/assembly of new and existing products.
- Works closely with assembly department to supply drawing
content and engineering guidance.
- Generates NC nesting files as required to support
- Keeps supervisor informed of important
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned or
- Attends training as directed by K&M.Secondary Functions:
- Assists technical support to resolve issues with products.
- Design tooling and fixtures as required to aid production.
Qualifications and Experience: Required
- At least 1 year of experience in a related field,
manufacturing/assembly strongly preferred.
- Basic understanding of Process/Production Flow, and MRP
- 3D CAD design experience.
- Ability to perform basic measurements to reverse engineer parts
and/or ensure quality standards.
- Ability to create engineering documents, and work closely with
members of the engineering, manufacturing, and purchasing
- Efficient with Microsoft desktop applications (i.e., Excel,
Word, Power Point,
- and Outlook).
- Strong communication skills and ability to work
- Self-motivated individual who must balance a large
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and to multi-task on multiple
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with coworkers, customers, and vendors.
- Honesty, dependability and unconditional ethics. Treats people
with respect; works with integrity and ethically; upholds
- An associate degree in CAD or engineering or closely related
- Previous experience with Made 2 Manage ERP software.
- Sigma Nest software experience.
- SolidWorks experience.
- Tool and fixture design experience.Physical Demands: The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Frequently required to use hands to handle objects, talk and
- Ability to lift/move up to 40 lbs. regularly.
- Frequent bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and
- Ability to climb into various industrial farm equipment and
tightly confined spaces.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision,
distance vision. Peripheral vision, depth perception and the
ability to adjust focus. PI185652228
Keywords: Great Northern Equipment Distributing, Inc, Minneapolis , Mechanical Designer/Drafter, Other , Renville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!