Metal Finisher - 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Shift (Will Train) + SIGNING BONUS
Company: NICO PRODUCTS, INC.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Metal Finisher - 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Shift (Will Train) + $3500
Not just a job - but the beginning of a career in the Metal
Finishing industry. It's not taught in schools, so we teach the
skills needed. Many long-term employees, and hoping to find more
that want to join our mission of great service and on-time
delivery. Employee focused atmosphere with opportunities for
advancement. Reviews twice per year, that include a rate increase
if expectations are being met. Great benefit package and fringe
benefits. PTO given upon hire (no waiting). Hiring ASAP, so apply
Nico Products provides quality metal finishing to our customers in
a timely manner. We are busy and need to find an enthusiastic
recruit who takes an interest in managing the parts provided by our
customers, with a sense of urgency and an eye on quality. This is a
critical and hands-on position. Previous experience preferred.
Job Purpose/Duties: Performs plating tasks from set-up, coating,
and finishing per customer specifications
- Sets up and controls plating equipment to coat metal objects to
provide protective surfaces according to specifications
- Process line documents and ensure baths are at operable
- Reads work order to determine specific plating
- Follows instructions from job routings and supervisory
personnel when running jobs to produce quality parts while
maintaining desired production levels
- Process product in appropriate cleaning and rinsing
- Process product in plating solution for the appropriate amount
of time required
- Removes plated product from solution at periodic intervals and
inspects product to ensure conformance to customer
- Checks work regularly to ensure parts meet customer
- Completes all required paperwork for each job
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
What are we looking for? We need you to show up every day, as
scheduled. You must be able to read/write/speak English. High
school degree preferred. Must be able to stand, twist, lift, pinch,
walk, bend, kneel as needed. Basic computer entry skills preferred.
Ability to follow written instructions. Attention to detail and
ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Every employee plays an important role in our success. The working
conditions would be similar to a warehouse or manufacturing
industry - with exposure to heat, humidity, dust, and noise. We
provide a regulated, safe/healthy environment for our
Proud to offer a compensation package that includes a good wage,
benefits, paid holidays, PTO, regular reviews, attendance rewards,
bonuses, free uniforms, and more!Minimum Requirements:
- Show up EVERY day. (Attendance is CRUCIAL!)
- Pass basic math and finding measurements on a ruler test
- Attention to detail is CRITICAL
- Can work independently and as a team
- Willing to take direction, follow procedures, and
- Ability to stand, reach, bend, and have hand dexterity for long
periods of time.
- Follow safety procedures to avoid injuries.
- Can fluently speak, understand, read, and write English.
Job Specific Requirements:
- Ability to process product with little to no direction at
times, all substrate required
- Good organizational skills and the ability to follow
- Basic math and geometry for figuring square footage of parts
and racks, and amperage requirements for plating thickness
- Ability to retain information and repeat the process
- Ability to maintain a regular and reliable attendance
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking the English
- Good hand/eye coordination
- Ability to lift and move 1-50 lbs.
- Ability to interact with co-workers and supervisors in a
1st Shift: 6:00 AM - 2:00 PM, Monday - Friday (OT as needed)
2nd Shift: 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Monday - Friday (OT as needed)
3rd Shift: 10:00 PM - 6:00 AM, Sunday - Thursday (OT as needed)
Pay Rate: $21.50 per hour - $23.50 per hour (Based on shift,
qualifications & experience)
(Reviews: 60 days and 6 months, then twice a year, that may come
with a rate increase, providing the employee meets company and
Signing Bonus: $3500 (current employees are not eligible for
Interested? Apply here. Upload a current resume.
- Answer the questions provided (how well you complete this task
provides a little insight into you).
- If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted via
email.Work Authorization / Security Clearance:
The Lindgren Group must comply with ITAR (International Traffic in
Arms Regulations). These regulations may restrict persons of Non-US
citizen status from working/participating/observing/or other form
of gathering knowledge about certain activities within the
This Job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
The Lindgren Group, including Avtec Finishing and Nico Products is
an equal opportunity employer. Veterans encouraged to apply.
For more information about our company visit: PI185577801
Keywords: NICO PRODUCTS, INC., Minneapolis , Metal Finisher - 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Shift (Will Train) + SIGNING BONUS, Other , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!