Company: Quanex Building Products
Posted on: August 7, 2022
$26/hr, plus $1000 new hire bonus, see details below
The Team Lead is the change agent within the department and as such
must have the ability to cooperatively develop, communicate,
implement, audit, and enforce standard work at every operation
within the department. Must understand, generate ideas and be able
to implement continuous improvement and 5S principles. Team Leads
must be the driving force for improvement within their
- Leading and promoting a culture of safety first.
- Promoting the Lean Management System and the use of Leader
Standard Work, Visual -Controls, Daily Accountability, and
- Leading team meetings.
- Conducting daily safety audits and ensuring all employees are
wearing appropriate PPE and operating safely. Reports unsafe
conditions or behaviors.
- Assisting and actively participating in all accident/near miss
investigations and quality corrective/preventative action.
- Understanding quality expectations and working with all team
members to assure quality procedures are being followed and
standard work is being followed.
- Working from prints, sketches, specifications, instructions to
order and maintain stock, communicate orders, check employees work,
monitor equipment, ensure the absence of defects on products;
notify supervisor of unusual conditions, equipment malfunction, or
material discrepancies; maintain equipment and work area in clean,
- Must be qualified to run all products in the department, set up,
and troubleshoot new products when introduced.
- Must be flexible with hours across all shifts to train and
- Must project oneself in an open, friendly manner and work well
with others. Must demonstrate the ability to encourage others to
cooperate and work together. Must be relied on to work
independently with superior results.
- Must be qualified to coordinate and lead the implementation of
improvements within their department.
- Leading department personnel on the floor and monitoring
-Under general supervision, assists the Supervisor with the daily
activities of planning and scheduling.
- Coordinates special programs and projects and can facilitate
activities working with Production, Engineering, and R&D.
- Serving as the main contact in the absence of the Supervisor.
- Must be able to develop, implement and monitor standard work.
- Conducting regular 5S audits to ensure the department has all of
the required tools and is being maintained according to the 5S
principles. MSP-03 WS-03
Shift start: 3:30PM
Shift length: 10 hours
Monday - Thursday
* Health, dental, vision insurance
* Paid time off
* 401(k) plan
* Must pass drug screen (cannabis included)
* Must pass background check
* Can lift 20 lbs
* Must be at least 18+ years old
We are Looking for a Candidate that Has:-High school education or
equivalent required.-Three to five years of progressive
manufacturing experience.-Experience training or leading others
preferred.-Must be safety, quality and lean focused.-Ability to
multi-task and work in a fast paced and complex business
environment.-Must be highly motivated and results oriented.-Ability
to flex schedule and work extended hours, as needed, depending on
business needs.-Excellent oral and written communication
skills.-Ability to make sound economic decisions in the best
interest of the company.-Outstanding problem solving
skills.-Ability to work with minimum supervision.-Ability to adapt
$1000 new hire incentive
Paid out in 3 installments over first year of employment. About
Quanex Building Products
Quanex Building Products Corporation, together with its
subsidiaries, provides components for the fenestration industry
worldwide. It operates through three segments: North American
Engineered Components, European Engineered Components, and North
American Cabinet Components. The company offers flexible insulating
glass spacers; extruded vinyl profiles; window and door screens;
cabinet doors and other components for original equipment
manufacturers (OEMs) in the kitchen and bathroom cabinet industry;
and precision-formed metal and wood products, as well as solar
panel sealants, trim moldings, vinyl decking and fencing products,
water retention barriers, and conservatory roof components.
Keywords: Quanex Building Products, Minneapolis , Team Lead, Other , Luck, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!