Assembly Group Lead, 1st Shift
Company: Oshkosh Corp.
Location: Dodge Center
Posted on: May 16, 2022
About McNeilus, an Oshkosh company
McNeilus Truck and Manufacturing Inc. is an industry leading
manufacturer of concrete mixers and refuse truck bodies. McNeilus
has long been the industry standard when it comes to transporting
concrete to the job site with our rear discharge mixers, as well as
the Oshkosh S-Series front discharge mixer. McNeilus also produces
a complete line of high-performance rear load, front load, and
automated side load refuse bodies to augment any refuse collection
The Group Lead is responsible for motivating, leading, and
counseling team members in the department with guidance from the
Production Supervisor. The Group Lead must be knowledgeable in all
aspects of the department to effectively lead the team. This
position is also responsible for making judgements regarding
scheduling, work priorities, and material availability; handling
employee concerns; applying rational systems to solve practical
problems; dealing with a variety of concrete variables with only
limited standardization; and interpreting a variety of written,
oral, diagrammatic, and/or schedule instructions. The Group Lead
will act in a supervisory capacity in the absence of the Production
Supervisor but will escalate any administrative actions to the next
higher level of leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may
* Ability to perform and demonstrate most tasks of the
* Motivate, assign work, and lead all team members in your
* Bring any employee concerns to the supervisor in order to ensure
* Monitor and adjust workflow to meet the requirements of the
* Perform product inspections and evaluate the quality of the work
prior to the product leaving the area.
* Perform inventory of stock and communicate all shortages to the
appropriate personnel (shortage boards, material planners,
* Maintain and complete all manufacturing paperwork for the
* Must be willing to lead by example through hands-on work.
* Ability to interact with internal/external customers, suppliers,
and vendors in a professional manner consistent with company
* Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills.
* High School Diploma or GED.
* Two (2) or more years of manufacturing experience.
* Experience performing all tasks within the department.
* Acceptable attendance record with four (4) or less attendance
points in the past twelve (12).
* Associates Degree or Technical Degree.
* Computer literate and experienced with Microsoft Office
* Experience in Lean Manufacturing principle such as value stream,
5S, Seven General Types of Waste and project planning.
OSHKOSH CORE COMPETENCIES:
* Inspires and Motivates Others
* Genuine leader that engages, motivates and inspires others
through trust, credibility, and collaboration. Understands how
their leadership style impacts others.
* Makes decisions and bold moves in the face of
adversity/uncertainty and accepts responsibility for those
* Helps others discover themselves and has a strong belief in
* Openly shares their knowledge and experience with others;
encourages healthy debate.
* Builds Collaborative Relationships
* Understands the products and services of all parts of the
business and facilitates the flow of information between them to
maintain mutually beneficial relationships.
* Establishes good interpersonal relationship by ensuring that
people are valued, appreciated and included. Actively listens to
and fully involves others.
* Gets to know people at all levels and adapts their leadership
style to engage all team members
* Coaches & Develops
* Makes their own and their team members' development a priority.
Gives others a sense of ownership and personal commitment to their
* Encourages team members to excel; delegates with development in
* Provides timely and candid feedback in a way that encourages
* Encourages Innovation & Inclusion
* Champions and generates creative ideas to improve current
thinking, processes and systems.
* Possesses an awareness of current trends and shares this
knowledge to improve the business.
* Treats people the way they want to be treated rather than the way
you wish to be treated.
* Comfortable working with people of different backgrounds,
abilities, opinions, and perceptions as well as working effectively
with all members in the organization
* Aligns Organization
* Brings meaningful purpose, practical strategies and goals
together to align achievable results.
* Sets challenging and impactful business objectives, aligns
resources, and takes responsibility to achieve results.
* Ensures when decisions are made that all aspects of the business
are considered and those impacted understand why.
* Drives Strategic Thinking
* Understands the organization functions within a global
environment. Spends time and effort on the implications of global
business and its competitive elements.
* Builds and communicates a shared purpose, explains "the why" and
generates enthusiasm around it to achieve positive results.
* Internal Contacts: Contact with employees or others primarily at
a routine level involving basic information exchange. Contact with
peers and others involving explanation of information (these
contacts may be within or outside department or division), and the
gathering of factual information; may include the communication of
sensitive or confidential information.
* External Contacts: Limited external contact to: gather
information, answer queries, or ask assistance.
* Communication Skills: Read, write and comprehend simple
instructions, short correspondence and memos. Read and interpret
safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions and procedure
manuals. Read, analyze and interpret business manuals, technical
procedures and/or government regulations.
* Decision-Making: Requires minimal decision-making
* Complexity, Judgment and Problem Solving: Work of a relatively
routine nature. Requires the ability to understand the follow
instructions. Structured work, following a limited variety of
* Recommends personnel actions (hiring, termination, pay changes).
Involves scheduling, supervision, and evaluation of employees who
perform similar work assignments.
* Physical Demands: Frequent: Standing, Walking/Running, Sitting,
Reaching, Climbing, Driving, Bending/Kneeling, Hearing, Talking,
Visual, Typing, Fine Dexterity, Manual Dexterity; Upper Extremity
Repetitive Motion, Lifting/Carrying 35lbs., Pushing/Pulling
* Non-Physical Demands: Frequent: Analysis/Reasoning,
Communication/Interpretation, Math/Mental Computation, Reading,
Sustained Mental Activity (i.e. auditing, problem solving, grant
writing, composing reports), Writing.
* Environmental Demands: Frequent: Work Alone, Frequent Task
Changes, Tedious/Exacting Work, High Volume Public Contact, Dust,
Temperature Extremes, Loud Noises, Physical Danger, Toxic
Substances (i.e. solvents, pesticides, etc.)
* Work Schedule: Routine shift hours. Infrequent overtime, weekend,
or shift rotation.
* Demands/Deadlines: Occasional stress due to deadlines or workload
because of intermittent or cyclical work pressures, or occasional
exposure to distressed individuals within the immediate work
Oshkosh is committed to working with and offering reasonable
accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need
assistance or an accommodation due to disability for any part of
the employment process, please contact us at: 920-502-3009 or
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all
individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as
provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to
controlled goods and technologies subject to the International
Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration
Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S.
Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S.
Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an
individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted
Keywords: Oshkosh Corp., Minneapolis , Assembly Group Lead, 1st Shift, Other , Dodge Center, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!