Company: CHS Inc
Posted on: May 16, 2022
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers,
ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides
grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around
the world. - We serve agriculture customers and consumers across
the United States and around the world. - Most of our 10,000
employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in
19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower
agriculture.SummaryCHS has an opportunity in our Country Operations
Division. We are looking for an individual to join our team as a
Seasonal Laborer. You will perform general labor duties such as
material handling, machine operation and maintenance, product
loading/unloading/delivery and facility cleaning in a safe and
timely manner. You must be customer focused and be able to follow
instructions, work independently and with others, and promote a
positive image of CHS.Responsibilities
- As directed, promptly and efficiently carry out general labor
responsibilities that may include:
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the commodities handled at
the location and comply with company policy and government
regulations pertaining to commodities.
- Work with customers in a courteous and professional
- Keep all works areas in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
Conduct regular housekeeping duties such as sweeping, shoveling,
power washing, scraping, and cleaning up spills. Complete
appropriate record keeping.
- Deliver products such as fertilizer, chemical, seed, feed and
others to customer sites.
- Prepare trucks and railcars for loading/unloading, which may
require sampling, loosening large nuts, opening hatches, and
attaching and/or detaching flexible hoses.
- Load and unload products from railcars and/or trucks using
heavy or light duty machinery/equipment. May include bulk and or
- Control and monitor all load out functions.
- Understand and operate automated scale/dump systems.
- Verify proper working order of equipment before use and
maintain and repair equipment as needed for safe and efficient
- Perform warehouse work including driving loader,
loading/unloading inventory, forklift operation, and general
- Promptly report any customer complaints, repair or maintenance
needs, or safety concerns to supervisor.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all
safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and
communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in
correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned to ensure facility
operates smoothly and customers receive excellent customer
service.Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Must meet minimum age requirementAdditional Qualifications
- Knowledge of Production and/or Operations
- Ability to operate machinery such as loaders, conveyors,
tractors, and track mobile
- Ability to work extended hours during peak seasons to meet
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and
industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the
position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment
screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor
vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA
- High School diploma or GED
- CDL license or ability to attain one with Hazmat
- Agriculture experiencePhysical Requirements
- Ability to lift 75 lbs
- Ability to climb rail cars, ladders, stairs and bins
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and
temperaturesCHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: CHS Inc, Minneapolis , Seasonal Laborer, Other , Burtrum, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!