Produce & Floral Buyer (Linden Hills)
Company: Twin Cities Co-op Partners
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionReports to: Linden Hills Produce Manager Hourly,
Full-timeEmployee Discount, 401K, PTO, Medical and DentalFrom
$16.25Since opening its doors in 1976, Linden Hills Co-op has
focused on positively contributing to the Linden Hills neighborhood
of Minneapolis and its neighboring communities of Edina and St.
Louis Park. Over the years, Linden Hills Co-op has moved and
expanded three times while remaining the neighborhood's primary
grocer. The store has a friendly neighborhood vibe with a wide
range of offerings for a great shopping experience.Job
Responsibilities:This position is primarily responsible floral
purchasing, in addition to merchandising, stocking, and displaying
fresh produce while providing friendly and helpful customer service
to meet department goals for sales, margin, labor, and customer
service. Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
Daily purchasing from vendors, product selection, merchandising,
floral, and paperwork.Customer Service:
- Greets customers, smiling and making eye contact. Assists
customers with questions, in a prompt, friendly, and courteous
manner; referring them to others when necessary.
- Offers suggestions for purchases and ways to prepare
- Helps customers place and fill special orders.Merchandising:
- Replenishes and rotates displays, culling several times daily,
following stocking priorities set by the Produce Manager.
- Trims, washes, and bundles produce following priorities set by
the Produce Manager.
- Follows up with customers on pricing, availability, and
- Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
- Orders product from vendors
- Resolves vendor invoice discrepancies.
- Maintains files and records of materials, prices, inventories,
- Negotiates with suppliers for favorable prices, terms, quality,
- Places orders to ensure regular supply.
- Researches new or alternative sources of supply. Negotiates
agreements with local growers.
- Receives produce deliveries, following established receiving
- Prices produce to achieve margin and sales goals, while
maintaining a competitive image.
- Updates prices in scanning system or ensures updated accurate
prices are given to the Scanning Coordinator.Department
- Disposes of damaged or spoiled goods promptly, properly
maintaining shrink records.
- Removes trash, cleans cases, and keeps prep and storage areas
in a clean orderly condition.
- Uses equipment safely. Monitors cooler and walk-in temperatures
and follows procedures for handling breakdowns. Advises the Produce
Manager of equipment repair and replacement needs.
- Develops, implements, documents, and monitors ongoing quality
assurance programs for areas of responsibility, also ensures
- Collaborates with internal support teams and supervisors to
effectively manage staffing levels, employee morale, and process
- Uses internal resources to compile data in order to develop
business reports.Performs other tasks assigned by the Produce
- Participates in inventory counts.
- Attends department and storewide meetings.
- Performs other tasks assigned by the Produce ManagerSupervisory
- Guide staff on purchasing to maintain the best floor conditions
when the manager and assistant manager are not in the store.
- Make merchandising decisions when the manager and assistant
manager are not in the store
- Lead the huddle on days that the manager and assistant manager
are not in the store.Qualifications:
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Manual dexterity with hazardous equipment.
- Ability to project friendly, outgoing personality.
- Interest in learning about produce.
- Experience serving the public.
- Demonstrated ability to work with customers and coworkers from
diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work with TCCP to create an inclusive environment
where all are welcomed.Environmental Conditions/Physical
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to sit. The employee is frequently required
to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb
or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and ability to adjust focus.Twin Cities Co-op
Partners has an ongoing commitment to the principles and practices
of diversity and inclusiveness. Our employment practices are in
accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against
qualified individuals on the basis of race, color, creed, religion,
national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information, disability, age, marital status,
familial status, veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, membership
or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard
to public assistance, or any other status category by applicable
law. People with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences are
encouraged to apply.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Twin Cities Co-op Partners, Minneapolis , Produce & Floral Buyer (Linden Hills), Other , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!