Meat and Seafood Counter Staff
Company: Seward Co-op
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSeward Community Co-op- FriendshipJob
DescriptionMeat & Seafood StaffLooking for motivated individual
with a passion for working in a fast paced, customer service
oriented natural foods environment.Purpose: To provide excellent
customer service and quality meat and seafood cuts for Seward
Community Co-op's Friendship Store customers; to inform meat and
seafood customers about the products within the department and
ensure the highest level of service.Status: Full or Part-Time.
Reports to Meat & Seafood SupervisorPay Level: I (Part-Time) or III
- Cut and wrap poultry, meat and seafood to order.
- Maintain fully stocked, attractive displays, while maintaining
proper storage conditions.
- Pull short-date or low-quality items, record and dispose of
them following established procedures.
- Understanding of meat and seafood handling, cooked and
- Provide assistance in prep and production as directed.
- Knowledge of different cuts of meat and fish.
- Knowledge of how natural animals are raised.
- Knowledge of simple cooking methods.
- Ability to clean all equipment safely and properly.
- Offer tastes and samples when appropriate.
- Participate in periodic inventory counts.
- Monitor cooler and freezer temperatures.
- Advise Meat & Seafood Supervisor of equipment repair,
replacement needs, and safety concerns.
- Assist with receiving as needed. Check deliveries for damage,
quality and accuracy, notify Meat & Seafood Supervisor of
discrepancies. Rotate deliveries into storage.Department
- Remove trash promptly, clean up spills, sweep and mop floor as
- Return department equipment to assigned area
- Inform Meat & Seafood Supervisor of equipment repair and
- Clean and stock Meat & Seafood display cases as necessary.
- Keep coolers, food prep and storage areas in clean, sanitary
condition, meeting health department standards.Safety
- Maintain safe working conditions at all times
- Inform co-workers and managers of unsafe conditions and help to
- Practice proper lifting techniques and ask for help when
- Practice safe cutting techniques when using knives and/or other
sharp equipmentCustomer Service
- Greet each customer by smiling and making eye contact
- Staff service counter at all times
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations
- Respond promptly to customer needs
- Solicit customer feedback to improve service
- Respond to requests for service and assistance
- Give accurate product information and refer to others as
- Understand and communicate the benefits of Ownership to
- Communicate with management and co-workers to help maintain an
efficient and knowledgeable department
- Work efficiently and productively at all times, with minimal
- Identify inefficiencies and work with direct supervisor to
- Treat all staff as customers they deserve the same respect.
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Weekend and Evening availability
- Friendly, courteous and professional customer service
- Ability to bend and lift repeatedly for extended periods of
- Ability to stand in confined space for extended periods of
- Ability to perform repeated actions for extended periods of
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, reach, squat and walk for
extended periods of time per shift
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull
carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens,
freezer, outdoors, etc.)
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including
offices, sales floor, back stock areas, and walk-in coolers and
- Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store
generally weighing up to 50 pounds
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and
- Knowledge of Natural Foods, Meat and Seafood
- Demonstrated ability to work with customers and co-workers from
various cultural backgrounds
- English proficiency, multilingual is a plus
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Seward Co-op, Minneapolis , Meat and Seafood Counter Staff, Other , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!