Assembler - Relocate to Arcadia
Company: Ashley Furniture
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Specific Skills: Read, write, and comprehend the meaning of
basic communications; Basic counting and math skills; Measure using
English and Metric scales; Communicate and work with others;
Ability to learn company?s basic computer systems; Operate
inventory scanning device; Reliable; Punctual; Perform duties in
compliance with company policies; Work with others as part of a
team; Perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Set up and properly utilize jigs to assemble component
- Inspect parts for defects, repair if possible, and/or inform
appropriate personnel of non-conforming parts.
- Accurately record production information ? may be recorded by
using a scanner, computer or by hand.
- Operate various hand tools/assembly machines in accordance with
standard operating procedures to assemble parts to one another to
form a completed unit
- Package finished unit by hand or with use of assisting
- Maintain and clean workstation, including jigs and
- Identify jig or hand tool malfunctions, repair if possible or
inform supervisor of problem.
- Assist with the training of other employees.
- Participate in team meetings and activities.
- Attend scheduled training sessions.
- Maintain reliable attendance.
- Work as a member of a team.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Move parts in and out of work area using proper
- Set up or adjust workstation to suit ergonomic needs.
- Suggest improvements on process inputs.
- Stand continuously
- Walk occasionally
- Use hands, wrists and arms continuously for lifting, grasping,
squeezing, and operating hand tools
- Reach and lift above shoulder height occasionally
- Stoop, kneel, bend, or crouch frequently
- Communicate frequently
- Occasionally use foot or feet to operate machinery
0 - 25 lbs. continuously
25 - 50 lbs. frequently
50 - 100lbs. occasionally
100+ lbs. (based on product)
- Vision requirements include identifying defects, reading
paperwork and reading computer screens. Identifying different
colors and shades.
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Powered & non-powered hand tools
- Glue systems
- Jigs and fixtures
- Ganomat (hinge machine)
- Drawer machine
- Paints and paint thinner
- Layback machine
- Tape guns
- Other tools as needed
- Safety glasses
- Hearing protection (dependent upon duty)
This position involves working in general manufacturing conditions
where there may be moving mechanical parts. These conditions also
include working in an area where airborne particles, fumes from
finishing products, and moderate noise from manufacturing processes
that are present.
Critical features of this job are described under the headings
above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable
accommodation or other business reasons.
Keywords: Ashley Furniture, Minneapolis , Assembler - Relocate to Arcadia, Other , Hamburg, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!