Remote DE Underwriter
Posted on: January 16, 2022
This Jobot Job is hosted by Brett Tolmie
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and
sending us your resume.
A Bit About Us
Our client is a well-established and growing nationwide leader in
wholesale and alternative lending. Since 2014, they have grown
their brand and reputation for being one of the elite top lenders
in the Non-QM and alternative lending markets although they also
provide Conventional, Jumbo, FHA and VA loans as well.
This incredibly successful and down to earth team has well above
average tenure and employee retention for a number of reasons
including a phenomenal culture, generous compensation, tremendous
stability, career growth potential and a truly fun low stress work
environment. So, it you are looking to make great money without the
"stuffy corporate atmosphere" in a fun environment where everyone's
opinion counts then please read on---
Why join us?
Generous compensation including aggressive bonus potential
Solid benefits package
Ability to work remotely eventually
Currently they are looking for a Remote DE Underwriter with an
active CHUMS # who is willing to underwriter not only FHA loans but
some Conventional, Jumbo and Non-QM as well.
- As an Underwriter you will be responsible for but not limited
to the underwriting of residential loans ensuring compliance with
appropriate company and secondary market investor standards.
- A Mortgage Underwriter will be responsible for examining loan
documentations for accuracy and completeness while working with
loan originator or production staff to secure all required
- You may be required to work with more senior mortgage
underwriters on loan exceptions having the authority to withdraw
and decline loans.
- Mortgage Underwriters may be involved in one or several types
of mortgage lending (conventional, government-backed, etc.)
- You may also be required to respond directly to individual and
- This job code includes all levels of underwriting authority and
- 3+ years of experience as a Mortgage Underwriter
- Active CHUMS # and strong working knowledge of FHA loans
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of credit and an ability to review
complex financial documents
- Ability to assess an individual's creditworthiness while
adhering to regulatory and compliance
- Ability to make credit recommendations
- Ability to meet production, quality and service standards along
with providing direct coaching and feedback to ensure quality
- They must be able to assess the information obtained and
determine if it validates the information used to qualify the
borrower at the time of modification offer.
- The employee must be able to work independently producing
results in a timely manner.
- They must have a strong understanding of the various
documentation types, loan programs as well as the overall general
- Must possess strong organization skills.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply"
Keywords: Jobot, Minneapolis , Remote DE Underwriter, Other , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!