Fundraising Supervisor (Volunteer/Remote)
Company: Abuse Refuge Org.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
If you're looking for additional experience, you should try working
for a non-profit. At Abuse Refuge Org, we grant you every
opportunity to further develop your skillsets, cross-train, lead
and excel within your chosen vocation. This is a volunteer
position, however it will give you valuable work experience while
helping to further our efforts of helping victims of abuse.
Company Description: Abuse Refuge Org (ARO) is a nonprofit
501(c)(3). We focus our best efforts and practices to assist and
help those abused by aiding in 10 major areas of abuse to include:
Sexual, Physical, Narcissistic, Psychological, Financial, Bullying,
Spousal, Cyber, Child, and Self-abuse.
- This is an unpaid volunteer position
The Fundraising Supervisor will assist the manager in designing and
planning initiatives to create events and opportunities to raise
money for ARO's programs.
- Assists in overseeing a team of fundraising coordinators
- Hires and trains fundraising staff.
- Organizes and oversees the schedules and work of fundraising
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Research opportunities that could be appropriate partnerships
- Creates connections with similar organizations or individuals
who are able to help our cause.
- Conducts outreach to those mentioned above.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance
with company policy.
- Identifies the audience, including new and potential clients
and members; develops a communication strategy and "voice"
appropriate for reaching that audience.
- Develops and implements a long-term plan to communicate the
company's mission statement internally and externally.
- Promotes community events involving the company.
- Oversees and organizes fundraising activities.
- Drafts and distributes materials to promote fundraising
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or
guidelines related to fundraising.
- Performs other duties as assigned Qualifications
- Must be based in the United States.
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising best practices and
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Excellent written communication skills with a proven ability to
write in a journalistic style that is customary for external
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with the ability
to build and maintain relationships with media contacts and
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field required.
- Be available to volunteer 10+ hours/week
- Prior experience in fundraising, communications, or related
fields required with supervisory experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
To Prepare For Your Interview
- Completely peruse and review our website at
- Prepare a few good questions for the interview
- Interviews are typically 30-40 minutes so please make your
responses during the interview succinct and timely
Abuse Refuge Org is an equal opportunity employer and values
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We support the LGBTQ-IA+ community and the disabled
For our hiring practices please refer to this link:
Keywords: Abuse Refuge Org., Minneapolis , Fundraising Supervisor (Volunteer/Remote), Other , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!