Heavy Equipment Operator - FT- Mon-Fri - 1st Shift!
Company: Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Job Summary: Operates landscaping and construction heavy
equipment; ensuring landscaping and snow removal projects are
completed to provide a safe and aesthetically pleasing environment
for guests and team members. Job Duties:
- Operates all heavy landscaping and construction equipment for
large-scale landscaping, snow removal, and operational functions.
Operates street sweeping equipment. Driving is an essential
function of this job. Employees must adhere to the driving
standards determined by the SMSC.
- Completes maintenance and preventative maintenance of parking
facilities to include sweeping, scrubbing, pressure washing,
sealing of decks, and other routine maintenance.
- Performs outdoor striping/painting of parking lots, garages,
and roadways, throughout SMSC-owned property. Lays out new or
re-striped areas and removes lines.
- Operates specialized equipment such as trenchers, edgers, sod
cutters, and chain saws for landscape repairs and maintenance.
Plants, prunes, and fertilizes all trees, shrubs, and flowers, and
mixes and applies chemicals to turf areas.
- Supports other Enterprise departments, Tribal Operations, and
the Community with special projects such as setting up, striping,
and signing temporary parking areas.
- Provides traffic control for special events, including placing
and removing signs, cones, and barricades.
- Maintains and repairs equipment. Assists fleet as needed
including performing welding, fabrication, and repairs on vehicles
and equipment. OCCASIONAL TASKS
- Performs in the capacity of an Outside Maintenance
- Maintains flags, poles, and related hardware throughout the
- May direct the work activities of the Outside Maintenance
Specialist and Grounds Specialist positions for general shift work
and for snow removal purposes. Job Requirements:
- Two years experience operating commerical landscaping and heavy
- Must possess a valid Class "B" driver's license and good
- Two years experience in landscape construction and
- High School graduate or GED.
- Knowledge of welding.
- Industrial Truck Driving permit may be required
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Temperature extremes - As related to climate conditions. May
work in sub-zero conditions in winter or excessive heat in the
summer in a non-climate controlled environment.
Keywords: Mystic Lake Casino Hotel, Minneapolis , Heavy Equipment Operator - FT- Mon-Fri - 1st Shift!, Other , Shakopee, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!