Company: Federated Mutual Insurance Company
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Details:As a Claims Coordinator you are responsible for
providing support to the Life and Disability Income Claims
department ensuring prompt, accurate, and efficient customer
service. This role requires an individual with strong communication
and relationship-building skills, who strives for results in an
efficient and effective manner, in a fast-paced, customer-focused
environment.Job duties include:
- Establish new claims files by thoroughly researching and
accurately recording coverage, claimant and beneficiary
information, and assign new claims to team members as
- Prepare letters, claim forms, and other communication to
acknowledge new claims promptly and accurately.
- Process, scan, index, and distribute incoming information
related to claims.
- Prepare letters and other correspondence related to life claim
- Assemble and mail daily and monthly claim payment checks with
- Notify appropriate Federated personnel of claim activity,
serious losses, and reinsurance claim status.
- Perform other claim-related tasks, including but not limited to
payment and tracking of loss expenses, preparation of tax reporting
forms, reviewing life insurance search requests, processing
incoming medical records, and handling short-term maternity claims
based on established guidelines.
- Provide administrative support for the team, including but not
limited to the maintenance of office and printer
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prefer two-year degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of two years' work experience in a general business
environment demonstrating the ability to manage multiple tasks and
provide excellent customer service.
- Strong computer knowledge and basic computer skills in Word,
Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work with multiple applications while demonstrating
speed, accuracy, and a high attention to detail.
- Proficient typing/data entry skills.
- Ability to retain confidential business and personnel
information.This position is located in our Owatonna, MN office.
The starting salary range for this position is
$18.50-$20.00/hr.About Us:At Federated Insurance, we do
life-changing work, focused on our clients' success. For our
employees, we provide tremendous opportunities for growth. Over 95%
of them believe our company has an outstanding future. We make
lives better, and we're looking for employees who want to make a
difference in others' lives, all while enhancing their own.You will
have opportunities to grow in your career. Our employees are
encouraged to ask questions and learn on the job, and we are
committed to promoting from within. We recognize your contributions
with an exceptional rewards package that includes competitive pay
and bonus programs, incredibly affordable health insurance,
generous pension and 401(k) benefits, and gift matching and paid
volunteer time to support your involvement in the community. Learn
more about our Benefits.If California Resident, please review
Keywords: Federated Mutual Insurance Company, Minneapolis , Claims Coordinator, Other , Owatonna, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!