Direct Hire Process Development Scientist
Location: Pine Island
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Process Development Scientist Kelly Science and Clinical has
partnered with a growing biotech company based in Rochester,
Minnesota whose mission is to provide innovative solutions to
support virus, gene and cell therapies in order to improve the
quality of life for patients worldwide. Summary:
- Location: Rochester, MN - Relocation is available on a case by
- Direct Hire, Full Time
- Mon-Fri Standard Business Hours
- Salary: $64,000+ dependent on experience Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and execution of experiments in all
upstream and downstream activities through SOPs and documented
- Cell culture maintenance, virus expansion and preparation of
seed virus stocks, cell scale-up for bioreactor experiments and
- Process scale up and evaluation of different oncolytic viruses
in the pipeline for the infection kinetics and yield
- Downstream virus purification exploring TFF and chromatography
and determine the yield and purity of the viruses produced.
- Process scale up from 2L to 10L to 200L using various types of
bioreactor such as glass, and single use bioreactors and fixed-bed
bioreactors. It will be important to generate the process scale up
- Write experimental plans, protocols and reports.
- Records process development activities and results in PD
notebooks and spreadsheets.
- Responsible for completing paperwork for each task, cleaning
procedures, aseptic processing techniques.
- Conduct routine preventive maintenance of bioreactors and other
upstream and downstream equipment as needed.
- Maintains laboratory notebook documentation in accordance with
PD department rules.
- Maintains laboratory inventory and equipment.
- Assist in the execution of all tasks requested by internal and
- Participates in the cleaning and maintenance of the bioreactor
- Assist in analyzing data. Qualifications:
- MS or Ph.D. in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Virology,
Chemical Engineering, or similar field of study
- Experience in cell culture procedures and associated aseptic
- Experience in process development and process scale-up.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work effectively in a collaborative team and to
- Knowledge and experience in process modelling is strongly
- Experience in molecular biology techniques and protein
- Hands-on experience with bioreactors and virus or recombinant
protein production is strongly desired.
- General laboratory skills, and experience in process controls
will be highly desirable.
- Experiences in the Biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry.
#TJP2021_SPEC Why Kelly -- ? Kelly-- Science & Clinical is your
connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to
hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science
professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and
interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100
percent of our science recruiters have a professional
background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about
the science market and how to get you noticed. About Kelly -- At
Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job
seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In
fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional
workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and
tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work
and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?).
Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best,
and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles,
skill levels, and industries around the world. Kelly is an equal
opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce,
including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals
with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender
identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. ]]
Keywords: Kelly, Minneapolis , Direct Hire Process Development Scientist, Other , Pine Island, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!