Company: First Transit
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Why Work at First?
Excellent question! With over 800 locations across our
divisions, you will have exponential growth opportunity.
Furthermore, because safety is our number one priority, you will
work in a safe and positive work environment every day. Lastly, you
will receive a competitive benefits package that includes: 401k
with company match, paid time off, and a complete insurance plan
after 30 days of employment (health, dental, and
Responsibilities of an Accounting Manager
- Responsible for completion of monthly financial close for
location(s) inclusive of preparing journal entries; GL review and
completing variance explanation reports to forecast, budget, and
- Analyzes financial reports and records, making recommendations
to region finance lead relative to the accounting of reserves,
assets, and expenditures.
- Prepares and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and
accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Responsible for preparing routine invoices to client;
reconciling client payments and tracking incentives/disincentives
as applicable. Supervises billing/trip editors (where applicable)
to ensure accuracy and timelines.
- Responsible for accurate and timely payroll submissions;
provides oversight/spot checks of payroll entries; reviews wage and
benefits; supervises payroll clerical staff.
- Where applicable, responsible for all aspects of cash and fare
media reconciliations and reporting, including oversight of daily
counts, preparation of daily deposits, daily and monthly
reconciliations to expected intake.
- Responsible for accurate AP; includes resolving invoice
concerns, ensuring proper GL coding, review of use of Purchase
Orders by location staff; maintenance of vendor records
- Reports the company’s finances to management, offering
suggestions about resource utilization and assumptions underlying
budgets and forecasts.
- Coordinates and communicates accounting matters with other
departments on site. Attends staff meetings, safety meetings, and
participates in a team setting.
- Responsible for asset management inclusive of quarterly
inventory counts, preparation of capital expenditure requests, and
understanding of the fixed asset policies.
- Responsible for preparation of routine forecasts. Analyzes
trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations
incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Responsible for creating the annual budget with the input of
the GM and supporting staff.
- Acts as the liaison between location and corporate/region for
all accounting and finance related matters
- Conducts special projects and/or analysis as needed by client
or company. Performs other functions as assigned.
What we would like you to possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Understanding of 4-4-5 period accounting is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
- Experience with MS Office products and accounting software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Apply today to join our team
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We
strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For
candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles
California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Transit, Minneapolis , Accounting Manager, Other , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!