Zurich/RCIS is currently looking for a Catastrophe
Crop Adjuster to join our team. This is a great opportunity to
showcase your subject matter expertise and crop claims adjusting
experience in support of the ZNA/RCIS agriculture customer base for
the North Central States with their most complex, critical
In this role, your
primary accountabilities will include:
- Complete field
inspections and related responsibilities such as reading maps and
aerial photos, measuring field and storage bins, and discussing
findings of crop loss with farmers
- Perform fact finding
regarding crop damage; record information and transmit loss
information to accurately determine potential
- Provide excellent
service to our customers – both agents and policyholders
- Utilize company software
to electronically transmit claims information directly from the
field to RCIS to ensure claims are processed timely and
- Follow regulatory and
company rules, policies and procedures
- When on a CAT
deployment, it may be necessary to work significant overtime which
can include 7 days per week and/or 8-10 hours per
- You will work from a
home-based office when not traveling to CAT events. At least 50%
travel is expected in this role.
- To optimize the
capabilities of the CAT organization and its support to our
customers, it is preferred that this individual be in North or
South Dakota, Minnesota, Illinois or Wisconsin.
RCIS provides insurance and superior services
through leading agents to protect America’s farmers and ranchers.
It’s been an innovator in crop insurance since the crop insurance
business was privatized by the federal government in 1980. Today
it’s one of the nation’s largest crop insurance providers, offering
risk management protection in all 50 states through a national
network of about 4,000 professionally trained and licensed
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 6 or more months of
experience in the agricultural area
• Crop Adjuster Proficiency Program Certification (CAPP)
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• RCIS Crop Adjuster Physical Requirements: walk in agricultural
fields up to 3 miles, climb agricultural storage bins up to 25
feet, lift 25 lbs to 50 lbs, work outdoors in varying
- 2 or more years of
multi-peril crop and hail adjusting experience with
- Excellent verbal,
written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organization and
- Intermediate Microsoft
• Completes field inspections and related responsibilities such as
reading maps and aerial photos, measuring fields, storage bins,
discussing findings of crop loss with farmers.
• Performs fact finding regarding crop damage, records information
and transmits loss information to accurately determine potential
• Capture and update claims data/information in compliance with
• Gather relevant facts, utilizing applicable law and establishing
basic principles of negligence.
• Collect data and document in established system to facilitate the
accurate assessment and value of claims.
• Work to have a timely resolution to claims by developing case
strategy, developing a case evaluation, escalating issues as
appropriate and providing status updates to ensure customer
• Assess damages by calculating applicable damages or range of
damages allowed by law.
• Ensure customer service by proactively communicating information,
responding to inquiries and following required protocols.
• Ensure legal compliance by following state and federal laws and
regulations and internal control requirements.
• Protect Zurich’s reputation by keeping claims information
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by participating in
educational opportunities, staying current with industry trends,
establishing personal networks and participating in professional
• Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results
and participating on projects as needed.
• Determine when to solicit input from more senior colleagues or
managers for more complex issues, to ensure quality and promote
• May provide feedback on business processes and systems to
identify opportunities for improvements.
• Ability to travel within 24 hours’ notice; required for Crop
Travel Field Adjuster role
• Monitor and take
responsibility for resources/cash, within defined procedures.
• Evaluate and assess costs and customer needs effectively to value
and resolve cases within claims authority limits.
• Identify and comply with the main principles relevant to legal
and regulatory controls that govern standard work practices.
• Collect data from well-established sources and prepare reports
including commentary and analysis trends to facilitate the
resolution of claims.
• Monitor claims handling protocol/customer service charter in
order to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Provide clear feedback to customer’s enquiries and monitor
specific issue handling and resolution.
• Resolve operational day-to-day problems referred from other
functions of the business, ensuring an efficient and high-quality
service is extended to all internal clients.
A future with
Now is the time to move
forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your
unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive
sustainable change together. As part of a leading global
organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience
managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North
America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty
insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products
and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25
industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of
the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our
business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career
development opportunities, and we foster an environment where
voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity,
and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next
evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter
future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we
serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package
for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive
compensation. Please click here to learn
As a global company,
Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We
recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique
perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity
and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our
customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis
of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status or any other legally protected status. EOE
Location(s): AM -
Minnesota Virtual Office, AM - Illinois Virtual Office, AM - North
Dakota Virtual Office, AM - South Dakota Virtual Office
Remote working: Yes
Schedule: Full Time