$15/hr, plus $3000 new hire bonus, see details below
This position pays up to $18.00 per hour depending on experience
with the opportunity to grow!
Primary Objective of Position:
Performing assigned production functions in a manner which will
consistently meet production standards and quality
The level for each Production Worker is determined by management
based on how proficiently you perform each function of your job and
the number of areas in which you can work while meeting production
standards and quality requirements.
This description represents the most significant job duties but
does not exclude other work duties that may be assigned as
- Receives direction from the supervisor/team lead and notifies
the supervisor/team lead when more work is needed.
- Maintains the work area in a near and orderly condition in
compliance with 5S standards.
- Follows all safety procedures, rules, and guidelines; and
notifies the supervisor/team lead of any existing or potential
- Follows all standard operating procedures and notifies the
supervisor/team lead of potential procedural improvements.
- Assists in other work areas when the workload permits or
- Promotes teamwork by cooperating and supporting
- Accurately, thoroughly, and legibly completes all
documentation related to this position; i.e., production reports,
accurate time keeping, etc.
- Observes closely the operation of tools and machinery and
notifies the supervisor/team lead immediately of malfunctions or
maintenance that may be needed.
- Monitors product constantly to ensure that quality standards
are being met and rejects product that does not meet quality
- Examples of work include:
a. Feeding the Finish Sander; takes panels from a pallet and
places them under the sander.
b. Tailing the gang saw; after boards have been cut lengthwise by
gang saw, boards are pulled from conveyor and stacked on
appropriate cart based on size. Boards are 8-16 feet long and up to
7 inches wide.
c. Feeding blanks into Moulder or Tenoner based on customer
specifications; assists Skilled Machine Operator in machine set-up
d. Laying up panels on the gluer; lay staves together by matching
color and grain pattern. Place these staves on conveyor to be
places in gluer clamps.
e. Assembling various components based on customer specifications;
meets quality and quantity standards.
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- At least 6 months (for entry level I) of production, assembly or
related work experience.
- Manual/finger dexterity skills.
- Ability to perform repetitive work requiring high levels of
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Displays a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and
Shift start: 5:00AM or 3:30PM
Shift length: 8 - 10 hours
Mon-Fri & Weekend Shifts Available
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 30 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
- Must pass drug screen
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 25 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
$3000 new hire incentive
$750 at 3 months, $750 at 6 months and $1500 at one year
About Quanex Building Products
Quanex Building Products Corporation, together with its
subsidiaries, provides components for the fenestration industry
worldwide. It operates through three segments: North American
Engineered Components, European Engineered Components, and North
American Cabinet Components. The company offers flexible insulating
glass spacers; extruded vinyl profiles; window and door screens;
cabinet doors and other components for original equipment
manufacturers (OEMs) in the kitchen and bathroom cabinet industry;
and precision-formed metal and wood products, as well as solar
panel sealants, trim moldings, vinyl decking and fencing products,
water retention barriers, and conservatory roof components.