Company: Trane Technologies
Posted on: October 12, 2021
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge
Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and
Thermo King® - create access to cooling
and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and
perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less
environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon
emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly
challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Be a part of our mission! Do
you want to directly contribute to an organization committed to
reduce its customer carbon footprint by 1 Gigaton of Carbon
Dioxide? As a world leader in creating comfortable,
sustainable and efficient environments, it’s our responsibility to
put the planet first. For us at Trane Technologies, sustainability
is not just how we do business—it is our business. Sustainability
is at the center of our strategy and influences how we make every
Our Thermo King business is
connecting our transport HVAC and refrigeration products and
providing digital solutions to help our customers efficiently
protect drivers, passengers, and cargo. Using our connected
solutions, our customers reduce fuel consumption, carbon emissions,
and downtime while increasing the comfort and safety of passengers
and shelf life of cargo, including essential cargo like food and
Electrical Engineer will be responsible for
executing critical product design improvement projects. This
individual will support a diverse mixture of product development
projects by applying engineering principles and technical rigor to
develop solutions that satisfy product requirements, cost, quality
and schedule. This individual will support cross-functional project
teams to align product requirements, determine root cause of
failure, develop solutions, direct validation activities, and
support team members to implement solutions in
Core Job Responsibilities
(others may be added):
- Optimize the design of power electronic components, motors,
sensor and other electrical components to improve reliability,
durability, performance, safety and reduce cost.
- Apply systematic problem solving skills and investigate product
Quality and Reliability issues to find root cause, containment, and
permanent corrective action design change recommendations.
- Perform in-depth analysis, model based simulation, and design
in the application of electromechanical rotational machines, power
electronics and control systems by utilizing analytical tools
available in industry.
- Write clear technical requirements, specifications and reports,
and present the materials in formal and informal environments.
- Generate, evaluate, analyze and develop design concepts and
assemblies to meet product requirements provided by Product
- Lead design reviews, design failure mode and effects analysis
(DFMEA) and design validation plan and report (DVP&R)
- Author lab test plans, conduct testing, analyze and interpret
results and execute design updates based on the results
- Analyze, condense and present data, results, and
recommendations. Maintain orderly project records.
- Domestic and international travel (up to 20%) may be
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or equivalent and at least 0-5
years of experience in engineering or product development is
- Master’s Degree in Engineering is a plus.
- Knowledge on sensor technologies, harness design and other
- Ability to perform detailed calculations to compute and
establish electrification standards and specifications.
- Strong proficiency with verbal and written communication
skills, analytical problem solving, and creativity.
- Problem-solving ability, experience with standard analysis and
reporting tools. Examples: (A3, 8D, DFMEA, Fishbone/5-whys
etc.) is an advantage.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently understand, condense, and
organize information to make informed engineering
- Experience with product development phase/gate processes.
- Knowledge of multiple power electronic modules: DC to DC,
Inverters, Power Conversion Units (AC-DC-AC), motors.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and
programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional
and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is
inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving
customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s
possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our
communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify,
national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status
as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, Minneapolis , Electrical Engineer, Other , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!