Vocational/Recreation Manager - MLA
Company: Nexus Treatment
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Develop, implement and oversee the Vocational and Recreational
Programs to offer youth Vocational and Educational work experiences
to prepare them for successful employment andindependent living
upon completion of treatment program; Oversee the Recreationprogram
and staff to ensure youth are receiving therapeutic recreation
services thatsupport the resident treatment plans.
- Develop and maintain vocational service opportunities for
eligible youth to support skill development for successful
employment and independent living.
- Assess youth life skill preparedness and address needs to
support successful employment and independent living.
- Provide vocational direction to develop individualized career
plan for eligible youth.
- Enhance, improve and modify the vocational program as youth
needs and employment climate evolves.
- Provide leadership and direction to Recreation Department to
ensure therapeutic services for youth are implemented and align
with treatment plans.
- Participate in the selection, training, professional
development and performance evaluation of recreation staff.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and training sessions
as required by Nexus. Understand and support the Nexus philosophy
and treatment modalities.
- Additional projects, tasks and responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in social services and/or vocational training
and 4 years of relevant experience preferred; minimum 1 year
supervisory experience preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and meet all requirements
of the Nexus driving policies.
- Must be able to assist staff in physical interventions and
restraints of youth.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100+
pounds with assista
Keywords: Nexus Treatment, Minneapolis , Vocational/Recreation Manager - MLA, Other , Onamia, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!