Company: Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota
Location: Red Wing
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Lutheran Social Service MN is a dynamic social service
organization serving children, youth and families, people with
disabilities, older adults and military veterans. Trustworthiness
is a value and strength shared by our employees and recognized by
the communities we serve. We offer an ALIVE Workplace (Supportive,
Positive and Fun) and careers that challenge, energize and rewards
employees. Consider joining us!
Are you looking for deeply meaningful work helping people to
live full and abundant lives? Consider joining our Supported
Decision Making & Guardianship Options team! LSSMN is the largest
professional provider of Guardianship and Conservatorship in the
state of Minnesota!
- Provides person-centered support and helps make life decisions
on behalf of the vulnerable adult's finances, dwelling, and
- Advocates for individuals for least restrictive life choices
that enable them to live full and abundant lives.
- In some instances, Guardians may provide substitute
decision-making regarding medical emergencies for clients and other
sudden changes in client situations such as damage to or loss of
housing, legal action against the client, or loss of income to the
- Working with individuals and families in the development and
service delivery of supported decision-making.
- Caseloads may vary and typically covers a geographic region of
- Conservators are responsible for the financial management and
oversight of individuals assigned to them.
What We Offer:
- An excellent benefits package (medical, dental, life, vision,
403(b) plan with employer match)
- Access to a statewide support network
- Employer-sponsored accreditation through the Center for
Guardianship Certification (CGC) (Must be obtained after one year
- Two years' experience with similar client populations and
- Valid driver's license
- Previous lived experience in making clear and unbiased thinking
and decision-making skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment regarding best interest of
client, major financial transactions, and life & death
- Extreme detail attention to communications, accurate and timely
documentation and billings.
The successful candidate must be cleared by a Bureau of Criminal
Affairs (BCA) background study and have a drivers' license; a Motor
Vehicle Check (MVR) is required.
Lutheran Social Service of MN is an EEO/AAP employer. We
actively foster an environment that is free of racism,
discrimination, bias, and harassment where all individuals are
treated with dignity and respect.
LSS employees have deeply meaningful work that changes lives,
the opportunity for their unique gifts to shine and grow, and
abundant and balanced lives.
Keywords: Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota, Minneapolis , Guardian (24702), Other , Red Wing, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!