Seasonal Recreation Assistant - Youth Sports
Company: City of Farmington
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Under the direction of the Program Supervisor, this position is
responsible for working recreational sports programs and special
events by leading sports drills and small games, maintaining
equipment and facilities and providing excellent customer
- Lead/play drills and games at youth sports programs and
positively interact with participants.
- Assist with sports program practice plans.
- Ensure the safety of children at the program site and during
- Assist in keeping facilities and equipment clean and in good
- Ensure all city policies and procedures are followed.
- Attend meetings, seminars and other training as needed.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
- Previous experience working with children
- Previous experience playing a sport to be coached
- Valid driver's license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead and motivate others and earn their respect
- Have the knowledge and skill to redirect child behavior.
- Ability to speak in front of a group.
- Must be self-confident, courteous, reliable, dependable and
have a positive attitude
- Willing to take initiative
- Must have good problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to
maintain composure under pressure
- Have tact and diplomacy when providing feedback to participants
and other staff
- Ability to develop positive working relationships and maintain
a respectful work environment
- Ability to handle stress and/or stressful situations
This position's starting wage is $10.46 per hour. The entire
salary range is $10.46 to $11.55 per hour. This position is
seasonal and does not include any benefits.
Keywords: City of Farmington, Minneapolis , Seasonal Recreation Assistant - Youth Sports, Other , Farmington, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!