SUMMARY: The following statements are intended to describe the
general nature and the level of work being performed. They are not
intended to be constructed, as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so
The toolmaker intern position will assist the current toolroom
personnel in the repair and build of thermoforming tools.
SAFETY IS # 1 AT T.O. PLASTICS: Our expectations is that every
employee: 1) Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work
2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe
3) Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and
4) Make regular suggestions in our "Suggestion Box" to be
documented and implemented for safety process improvements to
support continuous improvement in safety, and
5) Actively participates in a safety process or projects such as
the safety committee, safety inspections, and the implementation of
good safety practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Assist an established toolmaker in the machining, deburr and
polishing of new and repair thermoformed tools.
- Assist in the disassembly, cleaning, and repair of thermoformed
- Assist production on tooling needs and problem solving to
improve our processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work cross functionally to and function with all
- Ability to accept special assignments.
- Ability to communicate through reporting status of work and
approvals on projects.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of one year of a two-year Tool & Die program from an
established Technical or Community College.
- This position requires knowledge of basis hand tools typically
used in a toolroom environment.
- Understanding of milling and turning processes.
- Able to operate CNC milling and turning machines.
- Experience with a CAM software such as MasterCam
- Basic Computer skills - E-mail- Word- Excel
As started above this position requires good language skills and
the ability to communicate with cross functional areas in a
positive nature and support the efforts of all functions.
This is critical to the costing and development of tooling. This
position requires strong math skills to convert the tooling prints
into specified tooling. Math is an essential part of this process
and will be critical to assure that molds are built and produced to
This position calls for high reasoning skills and learned
behavior. It is the toolmakers responsibility to be able to
construct tooling to specifications and know where vacuum, water
lines, plug assists and other molding issues will be required. This
will also require strong problem solving skills.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Shop atmosphere with equipment
- Able to operate equipment with good dexterity to enable toll
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- This will be in shop and production floor all safety equipment
with safety glasses and ear production will be worn.