Company: Alerus Financial
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position is empowered to serve our clients and exceed their
expectations through service delivery excellence. A Service
Associate is primarily responsible for client service and support
by handling financial transactions for lobby and/or drive-up
clients in a professional manner. Service Associates provide
clients with a clear understanding of the technical aspects and
benefits of products and services offered at Alerus Financial to
support our client's financial wellness goals. Responsibilities
include teller transactions, client service, branch security, and
basic knowledge of Alerus products and services.
Job Function Number 1: Client Service - 40%
- Demonstrate the Alerus Financial mission, vision and values in
providing superior client service.
- Build and establish rapport with clients by identifying clients
by name, greeting clients with a smile and handshake, introducing
yourself, providing personalized service, and thanking clients for
stopping in as they depart.
- Engaged in and successfully complete product knowledge training
to learn to recognize client opportunities.
- Acknowledge and immediately address client issues and
complaints. Assist in identifying solutions to resolve issues and
follow up to ensure client satisfaction.
- Effectively manage multiple client demands and provide maximum
service to all clients.
- Develop basic knowledge of Alerus services and products.
- Begin to effectively refer clients to appropriate areas.
- Develop understanding of financial wellness and the holistic
approach to assisting clients with their financial goals.
- Assist with the client relationships, enhancing the client
experience and supporting retention goals.
Job Function Number 2: Technical Knowledge - 40%
- Serve clients by accepting deposits and payments for loans and
- Assist clients by issuing, redeeming, and settling all
travelers' checks, savings bonds, cashier's checks, check orders,
- Effectively serve our clients by promptly responding to and
resolving all balance inquiries, client questions, and problems in
person or over the phone.
- Maintain a balanced teller cash drawer, adhering to cash limits
and discrepancy procedures.
- Prepare client and operations documentation such as researching
requisitions, checks, etc.
- Adhere to the Safe Deposit Policies and Procedures; assisting
clients with box account opening, viewing and closing (at
- Manage safe deposit process (inventory, compliance,
- Manage client debit card instant issue and PIN changes (at
- Field debit card and fraud notifications.
- Support and adhere to policies and procedures around security,
client ID, cash handling, cashed check, and opening and closing
- Understand and apply regulatory and compliance training.
- Report suspicious transactions, activities, and situations to
Job Function Number 3: Administrative Support. Based on office
activity and staffing levels, these functions may or may not apply
to the position, the % of time will fluctuate.
- Maintain supplies in and appearance of productivity centers in
- Collect, sort and route incoming and outgoing mail for
- Maintain beverage supplies and appearance of coffee area.
- Direct phone calls to appropriate areas.
- Assist with ordering food and providing beverages for client or
employee meetings as requested.
- Provide assistance on special projects for areas as
- Assist with preparation of mailings, stuffers, and other
projects as requested.
- Provide general office support such as faxing, proofing,
document creation, etc. adhering to defined standards and
- Assist with uploading documents to nautilus and forwarding
documents to operations.
Job Function Number 4: Industry Knowledge - 20%
- Develop and maintain economic and market awareness.
- Learn and understand business and financial services industry
- Possess knowledge of competitive products, practices, and
facilities in order to effectively refer clients to various
solutions to enhance their financial wellness.
- High school graduate or GED preferred. If a current high school
student, must be involved in DECA, BPA, or other similar type
business program and have a recommendation from a program
coordinator or school counselor.
- Previous cash handling work experience.
- Basic math proficiency and aptitude.
- Dedication to service excellence with one year of demonstrated
client service experience.
- Proven track record of work stability and punctuality.
- Dedicated and satisfactory attendance/punctuality.
- Able to work Saturdays.
- Positive and passionate about taking care of clients.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Demonstrated social and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stay calm in difficult situations.
- Patient and helpful with others.
- Team player, willingness to help others.
- Demonstrated aptitude to handle sensitive operational
transactions and client relationships.
Personal Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable
- Extended periods of time standing at a desk and using office
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately
8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, walk, reach with
arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or
crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and
materials which weighs in at approximately 50 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women,
minorities, protected veterans and individuals with
Keywords: Alerus Financial, Minneapolis , Service Associate, Other , Excelsior, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!