Company: GAF Buildings Materials Corp. of America
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
The Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for providing
direction, coordination and support for the daily execution of the
maintenance department's operating plan with the primary objective
of maintaining the Plant's equipment and facilities.
- Champion the Plant's Maintenance Plan.
- Develop and maintain a sustainable system for the training,
evaluation, and development of technicians to meet the Plant's
needs, to include providing regular performance feedback.
- Develop and maintain a sustainable system (workflow) that
identifies work, plans jobs, schedules jobs, executes, audits, and
continuously improves the quality and performance of the work being
- Develop and maintain a sustainable system that prioritizes the
Plant's equipment, and develop & update failure defense plans.
- Coordinate with production and others on new projects and
- Support and drive process improvement, employee involvement and
- Supervise personnel internal and external to insure maintenance
is performed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Analyze maintenance problems and devise solutions to improve
Plant production, reduce downtime, prevent repeat failures and/or
increase the time between scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 5 years demonstrated maintenance experience
- 2 years demonstrated supervisory experience with proven
leadership and team building skills
- Proven work history that demonstrates successful
accomplishments of new programs or processes by working
collaboratively with others
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced proficiency using root cause analysis to troubleshoot
and solve problems
- Intermediate proficiency in electrical distribution systems and
- Intermediate proficiency in PLC programming, debugging and
- Advanced proficiency in maintaining electronic, pneumatic and
- Advanced proficiency using variable frequency drives and AC
- Knowledge of rotating equipment, machine design, bearings and
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, shop drawings, and
- Familiar with standard maintenance concepts, practices and
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer
competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all
full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace and GAF, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be
affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment
opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital
status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have
a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please
let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be
eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored
visa (work permit).
Keywords: GAF Buildings Materials Corp. of America, Minneapolis , Maintenance Superintendent, Other , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!