Quality Engineering Supervisor
Posted on: June 13, 2021
We're looking for people who put their innovation to work to
advance our success - and their own. Join an organization that
ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our
customers with inventive electrical solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
In this position, you will get to:
- Act as a quality project leader and a structured problem
solving subject matter expert for driving initiatives within both
the Quality department and all other functional organizations.
- Develops and facilitates effective internal corrective actions
based on monitoring and measuring internal and external process
inputs. Establish failure analysis data requirements.
- Manage coaching, training, development, and succession plans
for Quality Team.
- As a function of leader standard work proactively and regularly
communicate, engage and drive work priorities and activities with
quality team members.
- Be the quality leader for your respective Manufacturing
Operations Value Streams (VSs). As the High Density Liquid Cooling
(HDLC) and Cooling VSs quality leader you will indirectly lead
quality technicians and ensure organizational and VS goals and
objectives are being met.
- You will represent the QA function as principal customer
liaison for the HDLC and Cooling VSs, facilitate customer
engagement, and supplier quality management.
- Exercise structured problem solving with cross-functional team
members representing your VSs.
- Provide guidance leading Six Sigma and Lean structured problem
solving methodologies, the use of quality tools, project
management, team dynamics, and process monitoring.
- Perform advanced product quality planning and establish quality
standard work for new products and processes. Analyze data and
perform design reviews to create acceptance criteria,
specifications and control limits for production, components, and
- Establish, monitor and improve First Article Inspection
- Serve as a Lean change agent in building and institutionalizing
FMEA, Quality Control Plans, SPC, FAI, PPAP, and Product/Process
- Lead and continually improve Receiving Inspection and Supplier
- Maintain and continually improve Quality Management System
compliance to ISO 9001:2015 standard; Lead and facilitate support
to external quality system auditors, and lead/participate in
process and product quality audits and resulting actions.
- Be an innovative leader empowered to engage and support cross
functional team processes and lead influential data-driven
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Previous experience in or with
- Ideally 7+ years in Manufacturing or Quality processes
- Ideally 5+ years leading cross functional problem solving teams
and customer facing functions
Quality Certifications (CQE, CMQ, CQA) and ISO 9001:2015
Internal Auditor trained a plus
- Ability to lead cross functional teams and employees
- Process management, planning and change management, Six Sigma,
Lean training, and quality systems
Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks along with the ability
to work in a fast paced team environment in a self-directed
- Abilities to meet the physical and environmental demands:
- Sit or stand for long periods moving between a production and
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Bend, squat down, reach above your head
- A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world
that that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career
opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
We are a $2 billion, high-performance electrical company with a
dedicated team of 8,800 people and trusted brands such as CADDY,
ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER. Known for innovation,
quality and reliability, our products connect and protect,
consistently delivering value to industrial, commercial,
residential, energy and infrastructure customers.
- Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our
Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds
to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees
volunteer or donate money
- Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the
best for our employees and our customers. We're known for
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
Accountable for performance
- Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive
electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion
and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other's
authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks
Keywords: nVent, Minneapolis , Quality Engineering Supervisor, Other , Anoka, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!