Company: Fairview Health Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Fairview Health Services is looking for Medical Assistant to
work out of the Brooklyn Park and Andover Clinics. This position
will be working in the urgent care department. The position is
approved for 60 hours every two weeks and is benefit eligible.This
location is open Monday-Friday 10am to 8pm and Saturday & Sunday
9am to 5pm. This position does require that you are able to work
every other weekend. This position qualifies for a $3000 sign-on
As a member of the care team, the Medical Assistant supports
quality patient- and family-centered care principles through
performing a variety of high level functions within a care team to
support the needs of the healthcare team and patients/families. The
Medical Assistant will gather information and documents to support
the patient visit. The medical assistant is responsible for
adhering to all policies, procedures and practice guidelines,
promoting teamwork with all members of the health care team,
maintaining complete, timely and accurate clinical documentation
for each patient and continually looking for opportunities to
improve processes and workflow
- Delivers care as delegated by the physician/authorized
practitioner or RN, to assigned patient population, or individual
- Prioritizes work based on patient acuity, available resources,
patient/family preferences, provider schedule, in collaboration
with the physician/authorized practitioner and other health care
- Effectively communicates compliance and concerns to delegating
- Documents care in the medical record.
- Partners with patient/care-giver in care/decision making
- Engage in change to improve the work environment and patient
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program or LPN
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Ambulatory Care Experience
- AAMA Certification
Other Required Skills
- Excellent customer service, public relations and communication
- Ability to prioritize and work with a fluctuation in workload
while working independently.
- Demonstrates focus on customer service/patient experience with
- Ability to work as an effective team member to provide
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Ability to embrace change and engage in ongoing process
- Ability to keyboard and utilize computer programs.
- Willingness to work at other sites is encourages.
Keywords: Fairview Health Services, Minneapolis , Medical Assistant, Other , Andover, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!