As a Sheriff's Deputy, you will have the opportunity to expand
your public safety experience, through training, promotion, and
opportunities for specialized law enforcement assignments. The
Hennepin County Sheriff's Office mission is to serve and protect
all in the community by furthering equal justice, safety, and
wellness. We are dedicated to serving the community with
transparency, responsiveness, and compassion. If you are a critical
thinker and have great adaptability skills, then this position is
About the position type:
You must be a current regular or probationary employeeof the
Hennepin County Sheriff's Office to be eligible for this
In this position, you will:
- Maintain security and direct activities within theAdult
Detention Division and Court Security Division.
- Assist in search and rescue operations and/or respond to public
- Participate in investigations, make arrests, and enforce the
- Enforce traffic laws including the applicable laws governing
water and snowmobile safety enforcement.
- Transport prisoners and others in the care of the court.
- Maintain standards of order within Hennepin County's
- Participate in both civil and warrant service.
Need to have:
- Licensure or eligible to be licensed as a peace officer by hire
date in the state of Minnesota by the Minnesota Board of Peace
Officer Standards and Training (POST).
- A valid driver's license and the ability to obtain a Hennepin
County driver's permit.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule including day, evening,
overnight, on-call, holiday, andweekend hours.
- The ability and willingness to work in a position that may
involve the possibility of physical confrontation.
- Possess no convictions of a felonyor other criminal conviction
as outlined in the MN POST Board rules.
- Pass each of the following exam components:
- Background investigation.
- Physical abilities test.
- Psychological evaluation.
- Drug screening.
- Firearms evaluation.
About the department:
The Hennepin County Sheriff's Office serves the county's 1.2
million residents. State law mandates most of the sheriff's office
duties, including managing the county jail and providing security
to the district court.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in
Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health,
safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All
of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that
Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe,
self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and
positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This
includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive
pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to
grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment
to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in
providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
The list created from this job announcement will be used to fill
current and futureDeputy Sheriff vacancies.Applications will be
forwarded to the hiring supervisor on an on-going basis as needs
This position is internally classified as a Sheriff, Deputy.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of
education and experience. Applications will be forwarded to the
hiring supervisor on an on-going basis as needs arise.
If you have any questions, please contact: