Company: Oppertunities Services
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Together, Making a Difference
Are you passionate about helping others and making a difference
in the lives of individuals with disabilities? Opportunity Services
is seeking a driven and motivated individual to join our team as a
Behavioral Direct Support Professional (DSP)! In this role, you
will Make a Difference in a person's life supporting them in
Team members at Opportunity Services (OS) work together to
enrich the lives of our clients and teach them to take pride in a
job well done. At OS, we bring our clients and business partners
together to provide meaningful jobs and activities throughout
communities to the individuals we serve. Our culture at OS is
defined by our teamwork of helping, listening to and supporting one
another throughout the organization. We are looking for new team
members who want to Make a Difference and care about the people
they serve and work with!
Hours and Benefits of the Behavioral Support Specialist:
- Pay is $13.50-18.90 per hour
- Monday - Friday: 7:00 am to 3:30 pm - No Nights or Weekends
- Located in Byron, MN
- Full Time Position Benefits also include:
- Medical - 100% Paid by Employer
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Tuition Reimbursement
Essential and Principle Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in the transportation of clients using OS vehicles and
follows agency's transportation policies.
- Provide supervision to clients in recreational activities, meal
times and other various activities in a day program setting and out
within the community.
- Provide quality assistance with all personal cares.
- Provide and assist clients with medication administration.
- Community integration/engagement: facilitate positive
interactions of clients with community members at large.
- The use of behavior modification principles: assist in
interaction through positive reinforcement, positive programming,
engagement and the use of alternative communication
- Communicate and work positively with client teams.
- Implements Physical Intervention Alternatives (PIA) strategies
- Follows recommended Positive Behavior Support Plans specific to
Position also known as: DSP (Direct Support Professional),
Behavior Specialist, Positive Behavior Support Specialist, Behavior
- High School Diploma
- Clean Driving Record
- Ability to obtain DOT certification
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, torque, grasp lightly, use fine
manipulation, grasp forcefully, and reach above shoulders
repeatedly throughout the day.
- Ability to life up to 40 pounds
- Desire to work with adults with disabilities and/or behavioral
- Experience in dealing with disruptive behaviors
Keywords: Oppertunities Services, Minneapolis , Behavioral Specialist, Other , Byron, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!