The Project Manager is accountable to the leadership of a team
within the National Professional Standards Group (NPSG) for
schedule, budget, and quality of ongoing complex projects, which
may have many related projects managed within. The incumbent will
apply broad, advanced project management principles and concepts to
large projects, and contribute to innovation of new concepts and
ideas, and continuous process improvement. Program duties may not
always fall within a defined subproject. The individual must be
able to identify activities as either in or out of scope as they
relate to the program objectives. We are looking for a creative and
dedicated individual who will fit with our collaborative
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Strategically manage projects for various stakeholders to
ensure business needs are met with insight from leadership.
o Define a program and/or project's scope, goals, schedule,
available resources and deliverables.
o Ensure the business deliverables and goals for a particular
project or program are met in a timely and efficient manner.
o Manage program and project risks / issues. Recognize and
determine the appropriate corrective action(s) to ensure projects
are delivered on time and within budget and scope.
- Work closely with project leads and leadership to operationally
plan, devise and execute planning and project management cycles to
support milestones determined by the NPSG.
o Create and maintain connections with key stakeholders and/or
teams to implement strategic initiatives that optimize current
knowledge sharing platforms and overall interactions with
o Proactively seek ways to drive efficiency and growth among
project teams within the national office and the audit line of
- Identify and execute appropriate communication methods to
provide the appropriate stakeholders with the status of
o Consistently and accurately, review and maintain documentation
to identify, evaluate, scope, plan, monitor, and follow up on
- Provide effective guidance to employees and/or team members
through planning appropriate resources and communicating
o Effectively delegate / leverage project team members to help
meet business objectives.
o Communicate performance expectations; provide real-time
project feedback, coaching, training, career development
o May serve as a career advisor to office services employees
and/or mentor to other project team members
- Partner with firm related resources, develop and assist
execution of various LOB conferences and internal/external
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in business related area or equivalent
- 5-8 years' experience
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with Smartsheet, MS Project or related Project
- Experience managing multiple projects of moderate to high
- Ability to supervise, direct, and review the results of the
program, projects, or assignments
- Ability to lead by understanding team dynamics, and support,
affect, and implement change
- Facilitate program discussions with senior management and
- Ability to travel (up to 15%)
- PMP certification
- Audit or other professional services experience
- CPA license
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard
to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique
skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a
place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future
leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential.
Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business
owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move
quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from
your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.