Company: Twin Cities Co-op Partners
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Purpose: Provide administrative support to the Board of
Directors of Twin Cities Co-op Partners (the Co-op). You will help
develop the Board operate its functions and develop systems and
processes to help the Board run effectively.
In this role, you will help the Board meet its responsibilities
and goals. In addition to working with the Board, you will also
work with the TCCP CEO, the TCCP leadership team, and potentially
other staff, in service to the Mission of the Co-op. The Mission of
the Co-op is to "Build community by developing a strong local food
reports to: Board President
SCHEDULE: Approximately 24 hours/week, mostly office hours.
There is occasional evening or weekend time:
- Typically one evening a month for the Board meeting
- Potentially a half day, 1-2 weekends in a year, for Board
retreats or working sessions
Provide support and development for the Co-op governance
- Provide orientation and supporting resources regarding
governance policies and practices. Help Board members know the
policies and practices so they can perform their duties, have a
clear and common understanding, and participate effectively.
- Work with Board to complete and update calendar of board and
committee meetings, retreats, and events. Establish deadlines and
expectations for Leadership Committee, Ownership Committee, Finance
Committee and all other ad hoc Board committees. Create, and
distribute, thorough agendas and material ("Board packets") to
support optimal Board member preparation and participation.
- Work with the Board President to develop agendas that reflect
priorities and support progress toward current goals and the Co-op
mission, incorporate policy and contract review and provide time
for ongoing Board education and discussion. Suggest and provide
additional supporting materials and resources.
- Attend and take minutes at all Board and committee meetings,
unless substitute has been arranged. Establish standard format for
meeting minutes to meet legal requirements, including agenda items
and discussion topics, proposals and decisions, and all assignments
to committees or individuals.
Help the Board maintain and review documents, including:
- TCCP Articles, bylaws, and all other legal documents, including
- Policies and contracts Partnerships, associations, publications
both industry and cooperative
- Consultants and advisors: correspondence and contracts
- Training resources and materials
- Wedge and Linden Hills legacy board records of one year prior
to consolidation, as well as records of consolidation project and
TCCP Board development
Board training and development
Support development and updating of Board member orientation
process. Organize and participate in orientation of new Board
members to the first meeting of the new Board term. Support ongoing
training and development, by compiling resources, and distributing
trade journals, reports, and other materials pertinent to (1) Board
function and challenge and (2) promoting diversity, equity, and
inclusion within the Board.
Promote Board awareness and Board opportunities through the
Cultivate Co-Op newsletter, as requested. Develop other
communications with the ownership as specified by the Board.
Respond to owner calls, emails, suggestions and concerns and
keep Board and management appraised of these communications,
identifying those that should be answered by Board President,
another Board member or directed to operations through CEO.
Basic administrative duties of the Board are performed
- Prepare all Board correspondence to accurately reflect TCCP
policy and Board decisions, using accepted administrative
standards. Handle all calls, emails, and letters promptly and
courteously by direct response or by referral to Board members or
CEO as appropriate.
- Once reviewed and approved by the Board, incorporate policies
into Board and committee annual calendars.
- Provide all necessary support to Board President, Board members
& CEO in preparing materials for presentations at annual meeting
and other member meetings.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Previous experience providing administrative support for a
Board of Directors and senior leadership
- Computer literacy; experience using MS Office
- Strong communication skills, oral and written; ability to write
clearly in English, e.g. complete succinct meeting minutes that
incorporate appropriate details
- Commitment to confidentiality
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and ability
to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Able to keep commitments and timelines, and be flexible when
- Eager to solve problems and meet challenges
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse
- Knowledge of cooperative business / democratic governance
- Familiarity with wholesale or retail grocery or
- Experience with software and information storage systems
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Able to work seated most of the day
- Fine fingering manipulation
- Vision corrected to enable reading of small print
Keywords: Twin Cities Co-op Partners, Minneapolis , Board Administrator, Other , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!