Company: YMCA Twin Cities
Location: Forest Lake
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Do you love sports and want to ensure a fair game? Are you
competitive? The YMCA of the North is looking for a Sports Official
(Referee). The Sports Official (Referee) is responsible for
officiating sports events, games or competitions held at branches,
camps, or off-site at other facilities or fields.? The Sports
Official (Referee) will attend, monitor, track statistics, regulate
and enforce rules during games.? The Sports Official (Referee)
provides a safe and enjoyable experience to all program
As a Sports Official (Referee) you will prepare courts/fields
prior to matches/games including any set up as necessary. The
Sports Official (Referee) will ensure fair games that follow the
sports rules and regulations. The Sports Official (Referee) will
assist in documenting issues or injuries and handle spectator
The Sports Official (Referee) is a great mission to get behind
and is a fun environment. Join the YMCA of the North in making a
positive impact on youth and families!
- Job Summary:
The Sports Official is responsible for officiating sports
events, games or competitions held at branches, camps, or off-site
at other facilities or fields. They attend, monitor, track
statistics, regulate and enforce rules during games. The incumbent
provides and safe, enjoyable experience to all program
- Essential Functions:
- Prepare courts/fields prior to matches/games including any set
up as necessary.
- Monitor and regulate games/matches to ensure conformance with
rules and regulations.
- Interact with players in a respectful and engaging manner.
- Handle disputes and resolve rule issues objectively.
- Act as subject matter expert and authority during sporting
- Communicate with teams, coaches, families and other staff.
- Track all relevant statistics during games and submit records
and scores to supervisor.
- Work with sports staff to ensure participant satisfaction.
- Perform miscellaneous related duties, as assigned.
Supervisor may vary, depending upon location. The incumbent
works closely with sports staff and youth development teams. This
position requires interaction with youth, participants, families,
and seniors from diverse backgrounds.
- Previous experience officiating in the specific sport
- Working knowledge of the principles and playing rules of the
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to assist with injured or ejected and unruly
- Ability to document incidents, accidents, and injuries
- Work Conditions:
- Perform all physical aspects of the position, including being
mobile, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds at a
- Ability to recognize and react calmly and effectively in
- May be exposed to verbal outbursts, physical actions or bodily
fluids as part of the environment.
- Work environments range from quiet work areas to busy, noisy
indoor and outdoor spaces with several groups talking amongst
- Must be able to actively participate in games/activities over
an extended period of time.
- Additional Notes:
This job description represents the major functions of the
position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is
responsible for taking direction from branch representatives in
completing projects or performing duties deemed necessary for the
branch or Association success.
Keywords: YMCA Twin Cities, Minneapolis , Sports Official, Other , Forest Lake, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!