Speech Language Pathologist
Company: South Washington County Schools Isd 833
Location: Cottage Grove
Posted on: June 12, 2021
1.0 FTE Speech Language Pathologist (SLP)
Anticipated Start Date: On or around August 9, 2021 (District
Salary schedule based on Teacher contract, previous teaching
experience and education.
Benefit information can be found on the District Website under
Human Resources and Benefits. Please look under Forms &
Publications for specific Insurance Premiums.
License Requirement: Current Minnesota Pre K-12 Speech Language
Pathologist license and Certificate of Clinical Competence
Speech-language pathologists provide a complete array of
services to students with identified communication problems,
including students whose primary disability is "speech-language
impairment" and students with primary disabilities who have needs
in the area of communication (for example, students with autism,
cognitive disabilities, or developmental delays).
Primary Job Functions:
- Plan and implement appropriate educational programs for
- Implement educational plans as describe on individual IEP
(IIIP/IFSP) and train building staff as needed.
- Maintain appropriate records and reports. Collect data on
progress on goals and objectives for each student and meet all
- Contribute to and participate in the building student support
- Serve as an IEP case manager for students with speech-language
- Facilitate team meetings to review student progress and develop
IEP's as related to student needs.
- Communicate effectively with students, families, educators, and
administrators regarding student programs and progress.
- Collaborate with students, families, related service providers,
outside agencies, and other team members to promote growth of each
- Work cooperatively with general education teachers and staff
and provide building training as needed.
- Create and maintain a professional working relationship with
families and staff.
- Obtain and demonstrate knowledge of general education
curriculum including the grade level outcomes and state
- Conduct assessments, comprehensive report results, and follow
Minnesota state criteria in area(s) of special education
eligibility as well as mandated timelines.
- Implement the use of augmentative and assistive technology
devices for communication.
- Follow district due process compliance, third-party billing,
program data collection and funding reports.
- Determine and complete purchase orders for supplies, materials,
and equipment based on student needs.
- Participate in building and District level professional
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities in certification
areas as directed by the Director of Special Services and/or the
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Specifications (Education, License, Experience, Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities):
- Minnesota State licensure in Speech and Language.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) - ASHA
- Ability to travel between sites as needed.
- Ability to perform routine computer functions, including the
use of email, Microsoft Word and due process system.
- Prompt, regular and reliable attendance
- Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors,
and the community in a positive and responsive way that is
consistently welcoming and enhances effective work
- Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions
and job functions.
Apply online including a letter of interest and current
Applications submitted by 4:00 pm on May 28, 2021 will be fully
Posting will be removed from the website when the position has
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: South Washington County Schools Isd 833, Minneapolis , Speech Language Pathologist, Other , Cottage Grove, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!