Processor 5PM - 5AM (Wage starting at $16.40 & $2,000 Sign-On Bonus)
Company: Michael Foods Inc
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Michael foods, Inc. is a leading food processor and distributor
with business in egg products, refrigerated grocer and potato
product and offers exciting job possibilities throughout our
organization. Join our company and be part of an innovative team
that First in Food - where you can enhance your career, sharpen
your talents and make an impact.
We have the honor and responsibility of working in food - a
critical infrastructure industry during this time of global crisis.
We are working around the clock to keep inventory flowing to our
retailers and to help feed the world. We are hiring at many of our
manufacturing facilities; this is a great opportunity for those who
are now available due to hours being cut at their regular job or
being sent home from college temporarily.
POSITION SUMMARY: Position duties include running of
computerized process systems, hooking up silos, performing CIP's of
silos and equipment, blending and sanitation tasks in a manner that
results in the optimum production of quality products while
maintaining a safe, sterile and efficient operation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability and willingness to assist in other areas of the
business as needed.
- Ability to operate the HTST processing system, CIP system and
records all time, temperature, pressure, and flow rates as required
by the company. Detects and reports or acts upon any system
abnormality to reduce the risk of and damage to the system or
- Understanding of how an aseptic system operates and how
sanitation, bacterial control, and sterilization are related to it
in the process as well as work area to achieve the high quality
standards set by the company.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment issues and perform minor
- Coordinated with the packaging lead person the status of the
system to allow timely hook up and startup of the production
- Clean silos, mix room, totes, pumps, UHT press, hooking up all
CIP lines necessary.
- Monitor and troubleshoot CIP systems to ensure they are
operating properly. Check the chemical concentration to make sure
that the concentration is in line to clean all equipment satisfying
the company and USDA standards.
- Monitors the chemical usage in the chemical rooms making sure
all drums have chemical in them and operating correctly to meet the
correct PPM for each chemical cycle set by the company.
- Prepare written reports and maintain assigned logs, records,
and other documentation required by the company and USDA.
- Have complete knowledge of mix room and equipment. Blend mixed
products using outlined mix procedures.
- Fosters open communications and a good attitude toward work and
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of MFI
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary
conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to
management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect
food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must have the ability to work in high and confined spaces while
following safety procedures.
- Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends when
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or
- Three to six months related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers/vendors
or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to prioritize and follow directions with little/no
- Must have ability to do multi-functional tasks. Must be able to
work overtime and/or weekends when required.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish-English) is a plus.
Keywords: Michael Foods Inc, Minneapolis , Processor 5PM - 5AM (Wage starting at $16.40 & $2,000 Sign-On Bonus), Other , Gaylord, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!