RN Operating Room
Company: Fairview Health Services
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Fairview Lakes Medical Center in Wyoming, MN is looking for RNs
to join our Surgical Services team. Fairview Lakes Medical Center
provides award-winning care to the communities northeast of the
Twin Cities. We are a Level IV trauma center, providing life-saving
treatment to the seriously ill and injured 24 hours a day.
Specialty services are available on-site in heart care, cancer
care, childbirth, orthopedics, pediatrics and more.
Surgical Services (Operating Room, Pre/Postoperative Care &
Endoscopy) - 1st Floor:
- Serving patients of all ages and cases including general
surgery, orthopedic, podiatry, spine, OB/GYN, urology, ENT,
ophthalmology and endoscopy.
- In-house Anesthesia coverage 24 hours a day 7 days of week for
services required both in the operating room and other hospital
departments as needed.
- Surgeons perform surgical procedures , GYN, bone marrow
biopsies and others that may or may not require moderate sedation.
Delete this line.
- RN staff is experienced in pre/post operative care consistent
with ASPAN standards of care. The OR RNs & certified surgical
technologist follow AORN standards of care.
- Averages 7,000 cases a year.
- 80th percentile ranking for Patient Satisfaction.
- Endoscopy/GI department has 2 procedure rooms to serve both
outpatients and inpatients for colonoscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy,
and EGD procedures.
- 64 hours per two weeks
- Day/evening rotation
- Call required
- 8 hour shifts
- Location: Wyoming, MN
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the assessment,
planning, delivery, and evaluation of nursing care for all assigned
patient population(s). The RN is responsible for performing these
responsibilities in accordance with all policy, procedure,
professional practice guidelines and the MN Nurse Practice Act. The
RN coordinates care with members of the health care team and
delegates responsibilities to others as appropriate.
To be successful, the Operating Room RN will be able to:
- Facilitate the patients in a 5 suite OR department.
- Set up, circulate and organize O.R. rooms for a multitude of
Surgical Services, (Gen, Ent, Gyn, Uro. Ortho,etc.) and the GI
area. Uro. Ortho,etc.) and the GI /Endoscopy unit.
- OR registered nurse experience and/or
- Successful completion of the AORN Peri-op 101 course
- Clinical Experience as a Certified Surgical Technologist or
completion of OR Internship
- This position requires call
- Current Minnesota Registered Nurse License
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- 2 years of OR Registered Nurse experience
Keywords: Fairview Health Services, Minneapolis , RN Operating Room, Other , Wyoming, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!