Market Application Engineer III - Identification & Measurement
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This is a remote, field position. The ideal candidate will work
out of their home office, and be located in the Northern California
Region. They will conduct business travel as needed to meet the
required goals of this position.
SICK is a leading global provider of intelligent sensors,
systems, and services for factory, logistics, and process
automation applications. With more than 1,000 patents, innovation
and technology are at its core. This focus on innovation and
"Sensor Intelligence" have allowed SICK to develop products for
every phase of production in the automotive, packaging,
electronics, food and beverage, consumer goods, storage and
conveyor, robotics, material handling, oil and gas, chemical,
power, maritime industries and more. In addition, SICK's focus on
Sensor Intelligence allows us to make Industry 4.0, or the
Industrial Internet of Things, a reality for their customers.
This position is responsible for providing technical expertise &
support to the SICK, Inc. Strategic Industry Teams, distributors,
integrators, and customers with regard to the SICK, Inc.
Identification & Measuring portfolio.
This position would be responsible for the following
- Line Scanners, Handheld Scanners, RFID, & 2D Identification
- 2D & 3D Machine Vision Sensors
- 1D, 2D, & 3D Distance & Ranging Sensors
This position exhibits excellence in the four pillars:
- Technical - Technical excellence in assigned Global Business
- Commercial, Tools - Commercial excellence in Market Product
Management & Sales support and customer engagement in assigned
Global Business Center(s) utilizing common tools (CRM, SalesPro, et
- Collaboration - Collaboration excellence in intra-subsidiary
communication and with headquarters in assigned Global Business
- Business - Business excellence in assigned Global Business
Center(s) with full support of portfolio related to revenue and
margin, budget, and forecast commitments.
The Product Management Process consists of six core
- Strategic Assessment
- Midterm & Budget Planning
- Product Development Process
- Product Launch Process
- Product Lifecycle
- Product Phase Out
Market Application Engineering is primarily involved in the
Product Lifecycle (5) and Product Phase-Out (6) phases of the
Product Management Process and assists Market Product Management
resources during the Strategic Assessment (1) phase.
- Support Market Product Management resources in identifying and
analyzing technology trends/developments and customer industry
- Provide Tier 2 level and post-production technical support
inclusive of customer, sales, marketing, and other support needs.
Support may be in-person or via telephone, WebEx/ meetings, email,
and/or other forms of communication.
- Conduct technical training inclusive of customer, sales, and
other training needs. Training may be in-person or via telephone,
WebEx meetings, email, and/or other forms of communication.
- Support Market Product Management resources with information on
new product/extensions/customization ideas & potential and carry
out local technical implementation. Leverage tools like SICK Custom
Products to document use case and technical requirements.
- Lead the creation, review, and submittal of technical support
- Collaborate with Sales and Market Product Management resources
as a joint selling team. Use the CRM system to document Value
Creation Path engagement activities to ensure visibility to all
joint selling team members.
- Lead the support of Market Product Management in the product
launch process to assure the successful introduction of new
products into the sales channel.
- Lead the design, development, and construction of demonstration
equipment to support activities.
- Lead the support of Market Product Management resources in the
positioning of the broader SICK, Inc. solution inclusive of Serial
Products, Systems, and Services.
- Lead Industry 4.0 enablement technical support activities.
- Lead Environment of Customer (EoC) technical support
- Lead the application of diagnostic techniques to identify
problems and investigate root cause analysis.
- Work with resources on an individual basis to develop skills
and competencies necessary for their current position.
- Embrace the SICK culture via the SICK Way.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial
Engineering or other Engineering discipline preferred OR 4+ years
of Industrial Automation experience
- Technical competency in sensor integration, Programmable Logic
Controller (PLC) programming preferred.
- Experience with Distributed Control System (DCS) & Supervisory
Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) programming, networking,
database management, Asset Management System (AMS) & Enterprise
Resource Planning (ERP) integration, and cyber security preferred
but not required.
- Strong Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Must be able to communicate technical concepts in a clear and
concise manner, whether written or oral
- Excellent customer relationship skills such as the ability to
listen, assert self, resolve conflicts and work out customer
- Ability to understand and apply engineering concepts
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook,
PowerPoint) and Internet applications
- Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules including
weekend, and on-call hours as needed
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer
Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the
place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic
US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program.
Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the apply online
button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Keywords: SICK, Minneapolis , Market Application Engineer III - Identification & Measurement, Other , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!