Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager
Company: Good Shepherd Community
Location: Sauk Rapids
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The RN Case Manager is responsible for the oversite and
management of their designated Household to assure quality of care
with in the Standards of Nursing Practice, with a focus on person
- Leadership Functions
- Promotes the Household philosophy; maintaining a sense of
"welcoming" through elimination of institutional barriers.
- Facilitates in a manner to assist all staff voices to be
- Engages resident, staff, and families in the growing
relationships of the community.
- Facilitates conflict management while respecting diversity of
people, their strengths, and ideas.
- Practices highly sensitive interpersonal and communication
skills with staff, families, physicians, other departments and
- Guides household staff in meeting the physical and
psycho-social; person centered needs of the residents.
- Medication and Treatment Administration Function
- Monitors adherence to Standards of Nursing Practice and
facility policy and procedures governing the administration of
medications; promoting the safe and accurate delivery of
medications/treatments in accordance with the physician's
Participates in medication administration as needed to maintain
- Case Management Functions
- Admits, discharges, and transfers community members to and from
- Conducts assessments when community members are admitted or are
returning from the hospital and on-going for all sections of the
MDS assuring compliance to the requirements.
- Notifies therapy staff regarding rehabilitation orders.
- Work with physician to obtain orders for therapy program
changes and discharge.
- Daily assesses ongoing needs of any noted resident changes and
ongoing quarterly and annual assessments.
- Performs any nursing skill requiring registered nurse licensure
such as intravenous therapy and/or medications and blood
- Informs the family/physician of the community member's clinical
change of condition.
- Continuous collaboration with the Physicians as needed.
- Oversees licensed/unlicensed staff care delivery to promote
quality of care in accordance with the plan of care.
- Identifies care related problems or concerns of residents,
family, and staff.
- Develops positive community member relationship, exploring
approaches to work with aging and supporting families.
- Participates in Vulnerable Adult investigations and reporting
with Director of Social Services ADON/DON.
- Is cognitive of and conducts ongoing assessments of community
members payer source working closely with ADON and billing
department in this process.
Collaborates with the team and the greater IDP team as
appropriate regarding staff or resident concerns.
- Care Planning Functions
- Completes the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) including
MDS, CAAs, Triggers, and Care Plans for assigned household members
as dictated by the facility, State, and Federal Guidelines.
- Monitors timely planning, scheduling, and revising of the RAI
- Involves residents/family/staff in data collection whenever
- Incorporates assessment data into the care plan.
- Coordinates care conferences with household Social Worker
initially, quarterly and with significant change.
- Initiates the care plan, states problems clearly with
measurable goals and ensures that approaches are reflective of the
current status of the resident.
- Guides implementation of the care plan for each individual
resident in the household.
- Monitors care plans on ongoing basis to decide if they always
reflect current status of the resident.
Monitors and manages ongoing lab work and tests with medical
record personnel assuring regulatory compliance.
- Documentation Functions
- Completes case management assessment on all new residents as
per regulatory requirements.
- Completes risk assessment and comprehensive analysis in
conjunction with MDS.
- Follows facility policy and procedure for all
- Documents interventions and effectiveness accurately and
- Processes and transcribes physician's orders and implements
according to policy and procedure as necessary to assist the
- Completes admission, transfer and other required forms in
accordance with established procedures.
Monitors staff documentation ongoing to meet federal regulation
- Personnel Functions
- Contributes to and consults with the ADON/DON on all aspects of
household personnel management, including but not limited to
hiring, training and mentoring.
- Shares information appropriately with household staff.
- Coordinates training/education with the education staff for the
licensed nurse to ensure they are qualified to perform the
procedures involving nursing care.
- Functions within the scope of the Nurse Practice Act, utilizing
recognized standards of clinical practice, as defined by the State
- Identifies licensed staff performance issues and confides.
Provides feedback through coaching, counseling, performance
evaluations, and discipline.
- Directs staff in emergency situations. Is knowledgeable of
fire, weather, and safety protocols and is the leader in these
Is aware of infection control guidelines and monitors and
directs staff to follow these protocols for the safety of
themselves and the community members.
- Performance Improvement Functions
Participates in facility quality management meetings and
- Education Functions
Identifies staff training needs and coordinates all mandated and
requested educational need with the educational coordinator.
- Budgetary - Manages the Household within the approved budget
for the department.
- Staff Supervision - Provides orientation and on-going
training/education for department employees. Directs staff with
injuries to assure proper follow throughs.
- Goals & Objectives - Assists with developing and accomplishing
goals and objectives for the department annually.
- Performance Appraisals - Completes evaluations, disciplining,
recognizing and follow up on all staff performance in a timely
manner. Delegates and coaches staff on an ongoing basis.
- In-service Attendance - Demonstrates participation in staff
meetings and educational and safety programs, including all
mandatory facility in-services.
- Confidentially - Complies with HIPAA requirements within the
work unity and throughout Good Shepherd.
- Will participate in an On-Call rotation to assist in
ensuring/maintaining adequate staffing levels. On-call schedule is
subject to change at the discretion of the ADON/DON.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the DON/ADON.
Maintains proper attendance and punctuality to help ensure Good
Shepherd is operated in an efficient and effective manner.
- Maintains proper attendance in accordance with Good Shepherd's
- Reports to work on time in accordance with Good Shepherd's
- Provides adequate notice to supervisory personnel before
absence or lateness in accordance with department policy.
Maintains and promotes a safe work environment. Demonstrates
understanding of and ability to follow infection control, safety,
and emergency policy and procedures. Refer to/review emergency
preparedness manual and infection control policies.
Displays positive work habits that improve productivity of
employees and function. Demonstrates willingness to accept new
projects or assignments. Willingly assists other co-workers.
Adheres to Good Shepherd's dress code policy.
- Work center is organized and neat at all times. Plans daily
workload to insure tasks completed.
- Instances of acceptance of new projects/assignments during
review period can be identified.
The Good Shepherd Community, affiliated with the Lutheran
Church-Missouri Synod, provides a ministry of health care and
housing services for young and older adults in Central Minnesota.
Good Shepherd serves people from a Christian perspective by
ministering to the whole person through a continuum of quality
services. It is the responsibility of an employee to demonstrate
regard for the dignity of those we serve and those we work with
through adherence to our mission.
- The RNCM must have a current license to practice in the state
of Minnesota and a current CPR certification.
- A minimum of two years nursing experience (long term care
- The RNCM must demonstrate leadership abilities to develop and
motivate people; possess good critical thinking and problem-solving
skills; must prioritize responsibilities; be flexible and able to
work under stressful situations.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills (English);
be self-directed and work autonomously and as a team member.
- Management skills necessary to plan for and oversee the
utilization of resources and the design of work processes.
Keywords: Good Shepherd Community, Minneapolis , Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager, Other , Sauk Rapids, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!