Maintenance Mechanic - Red Wing
Company: USG Corporation
Location: Red Wing
Posted on: June 13, 2021
- Perform troubleshooting, repairs, and preventive maintenance
activities necessary to keep plant operating efficiently
- Proficiency in using hand and power tools, cranes/hoist,
rigging equipment, welders, fall restraint, etc.
- Work from blueprints and schematics and perform basic shop
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Have ability to understand verbal and written instructions from
plant supervision and efficiently and effectively perform assigned
- This position primarily works 7 am - 3:30 pm, Monday through
Friday. Mechanics respond to callouts outside of regularly
scheduled hours as needed.
- This position requires working roughly one weekend per month
and will compensate accordingly. Employee receives time off during
the week instead of the weekend.
- Utilize Mp2 maintenance software to enter work requests and
locate parts in inventory
- Ability to learn and understand maintenance and operation of
mineral wool production for the following: fiberization equipment,
spinner wheels, drum filters, cupola emission systems, cupola
equipment, water systems, fire protection systems, plant steam
systems, Hoffman blowers, wool baling systems, blowchambers, bale
handling equipment, and other mineral wool production
- Operate forklift, skid loader, boom lift, scissor lifts, and
other mobile equipment.
- Maintain water treatment system for boilers and attain a
- Any and all tasks as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Must be capable and committed to working in a manufacturing
setting in a safe manner and follow all safety rules and practices
including LOTO, confined space entry, proper use of fall
protection, rigging, and housekeeping. Recognize unsafe conditions
or hazards within work area.
- Prior experience in the previously mentioned areas is a
- Must have the desired technical skills to work as a maintenance
- Basic computer skills preferred to complete safety training and
review work-related email
- Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use
- Good communication skills needed to work with coworkers and
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas
of safety, quality, and understands importance of completing
assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance
EOE including disability/veteran
Keywords: USG Corporation, Minneapolis , Maintenance Mechanic - Red Wing, Other , Red Wing, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!