Company: YMCA Twin Cities
Location: Forest Lake
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Do you find fulfillment in building personal relationships and
caring for personal needs?? Are you committed to doing whatever it
takes to enhance people's lives??Do you want to share your personal
strengths to create an atmosphere of outstanding customer service,
hospitality, and to assist us in our efforts to create a "Wow"
experience for all who visit our YMCA??Apply for our Custodian
The Custodian (Housekeeper) is responsible for daily general
janitorial cleaning of all common areas and other side-work in
assigned work areas. The Custodian (Housekeeper) is responsible for
cleaning equipment as needed. The Custodian (Housekeeper) will
assist in making a great impression when members are using the
facilities. Custodians (Housekeeping) ensures paper products and
soap in restrooms and common areas in assigned work areas are
replaced. Janitors will re-stock carts before end of shifts. The
Custodian (Housekeeper) is responsible for the upkeep of cleaning
equipment. Janitors should report any areas/problems in need of
repairs to the department head. The Custodian (Housekeeper) will
interact with members and their requests for janitorial services in
a pleasant manner. This janitorial role is doing the job and
looking at it through the eyes of the member or as if it was in
your own home. Keep an eye on little things they make a big
difference. Janitors will mop, vacuum, window wash, dust, take out
trash using safe cleaning methods. The Custodian (housekeeper) will
escalate maintenance concerns to the maintenance area as needed.
Overall goal for the Y Janitorial staff is to help in keeping the
facility clean and safe for members, staff and visitors.
- Job Summary:
The Custodian is responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation
of the areas assigned. The incumbent is accountable for the
completions of assigned duties with a minimum level of supervision.
Duties include, but are not limited to, mopping, dusting, trash
removal, window washing, meeting set up, pool cleaning, snow
removal, lawn care, and other general cleaning responsibilities.
The incumbent interacts positively with members and staff and
responds to requests personally or inform the appropriate
maintenance staff member.
- Essential Functions:
- Complete all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintain
daily upkeep of assigned area and equipment.
- Perform janitorial duties which include, but are not limited
to, wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window
washing, meeting set up, pool cleaning, painting, vacuuming,
seasonal activities dealing with lawn care and snow removal, and
general cleaning as requested or needed.
- Record all needed repairs, repair as directed, report ALL
repairs to supervisor, and follow up with staff.
- Ensure YMCA building and property is secure during shift and
report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
- Clean up of blood or body fluids which could contain bloodborne
- Operate motorized equipment used for cleaning.
This position reports to the Custodian Supervisor who reports to
the Building Superintendent or Assistant Building Superintendent.
Member service is the incumbent's main objective. Demonstrate the
YMCA core values: honesty, responsibility, caring, and respect at
all times. Establish good communication and relations with other
employees and members. Work closely with staff to ensure that the
Association standards of cleanliness are being met and attend all
relevant training programs available.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures,
manuals, and other documents
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able and willing to develop:
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of the equipment
used for cleaning
- Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their
safe, efficient use
- Willingness to learn and share new and better methods of
- Work Conditions:
- Move up to 50 pounds of project materials and/or tools to
remote building locations up to 200 feet away.
- Erecting and standing on scaffolding, ladders, and
- Work at heights up to 30 feet for extended periods of
- Work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds,
solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray,
and aerosol forms.
- Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized
equipment as needed
- Work in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
- Ability to report and record maintenance requests on work
- Perform essential housekeeping to facility or equipment which
may involve, but not limited to the following activities: semi -
reaching to full-reach overhead; couching; kneeling; working in
narrow and/or confining spaces: underground, overhead, and at
ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying
on stomach and/or back.
- Ability to perform tasks outdoor in different climate.
- Safely operate cleaning equipment: auto scrubber, buffer, snow
blower, sweeper, trash compactor, lift, pressure washer, box
compactor, hand, and power tools.
- Must be able to respond to emergency/on-call situations.
- Additional Notes:
Supervisory titles may change depending on branch.
This job description represents the major functions of the
position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is
also responsible for taking direction from the Custodian Supervisor
and Building Superintendent or Assistant Building Superintendent or
their representatives in completing projects or performing duties
deemed necessary for the branch or Association success.
Keywords: YMCA Twin Cities, Minneapolis , Custodian, Other , Forest Lake, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!