Lead Software Engineer
Company: NBC Universal
Posted on: June 12, 2021
SportsEngine, Inc., an NBC Sports Group company and leading
provider of Sport Relationship Management (SRM) software, is hiring
a Lead Software Engineer to join our Customer Data Platform
Each day, hundreds of thousands of volunteer coaches, directors,
and managers positively impact the lives of millions of athletes
through sports. They impact their lives by teaching them lifelong
values of working hard, being honorable, and treating each other
At SportsEngine, our mission is to help make the lives of
volunteers easier by building world-class technology solutions to
help them spend less time running their organization and more time
putting smiles on the faces of these athletes.
We're looking for people who not only believe in our mission,
but take pride in their craft. We provide only the best equipment,
offer competitive pay, great benefits, and the opportunity to know
each day that you truly made a difference in the lives of sports
volunteers around the world.
Our passion and commitment to making a difference extends beyond
SportsEngine and is shared with our parent company,
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It's
our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU's vast
portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks,
news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and
a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we
do and all that we represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary.
Our ideal Lead Software Engineer candidate has at least 5 years
of technical experience in a collaborative team environment
delivering scalable, secure, and highly available SaaS
- Develop highly interactive and developer friendly data platform
libraries and integrations.
- Work directly with Product Managers, Product Owners, User
Experience, Quality Engineers, Principal Engineers, and Operations
teammates to define, create, enhance, maintain, and deploy
analytics and data integrations for their applications.
- Constantly use best practices by coding small, utilizing short
lived branches, using feature toggles, building APIs, creating and
maintaining unit tests, applying modern frameworks and design
patterns, actively reducing technical debt, and continuously
delivering by merging/releasing daily to the mainline branch.
- Lead and directly manage a small team of 1 to 3 Engineers.
- Perform 1-on-1's, give feedback, and facilitate tasks to direct
- Mentor, support, and provide technical leadership to engineers
and the team.
- Lead others in the completion of complex tasks/projects while
also contributing as an individual engineer.
- Plan, design, and estimate software engineering efforts.
- Represent the technical perspective within the team's Triad
- Be active in shaping a culture of learning across the Product
Our Technical Stack
- 5 or more years professional experience.
Skilled at aligning a team around a technical vision.
Skilled to help others learn and grow in their careers.
Driven, motivated, and committed to a team oriented culture.
Considerable ability to create RESTful APIs with HTTP
Considerable knowledge of event-driven microservices
Familiarity with various data concepts and analytics platforms
like Google Analytics, mParticle and Periscope.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent training or
Keywords: NBC Universal, Minneapolis , Lead Software Engineer, Other , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!