Front Desk Supervisor
Company: CSM Corporation
Posted on: June 13, 2021
This position is responsible for the supervision of front desk
operations; assisting guests upon check-in/out, processing
reservations in a friendly, professional and timely manner, while
following CSM high standards of quality to ensure guest
satisfaction. Effective supervision of assigned staff to ensure
guest satisfaction, positive employee relations and achievement of
overall financial results.
- Accountable for guest satisfaction by ensuring service
standards are met and guests' needs and concerns are responded to
in a timely manner with a focus on service recovery when
- Works side by side with staff to train and model appropriate
guest service standards.
- Responsible for holding staff members accountable for
anticipating needs and exceeding guest expectations.
- Anticipates and responds to guests in a friendly and positive
- Process check-ins and check-outs, verify billing, create
reservations, and process special requests.
- Assists guests by having knowledge of hotel property, local
attractions, and hours of operation of hotel outlets and
- Assists in achieving business revenue goals by developing and
implementing creative service programs designed to increase guest
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, coaching, and development
of front office associates.
- Evaluates staff performance and coaches to ensure standards are
- Works in conjunction with manager to deliver
discipline/corrective action and make termination decisions.
- Motivates staff by setting goals, providing ongoing feedback,
and rewarding/recognizing employees.
- Ensures all required training for department employees is
completed and training records are maintained.
- Analyzes quality issues, identifies training needs, suggests
changes and ensures implementation to improve results.
- Utilizes available resources and adheres to CSM training
- Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work
- Responsible for assisting in effective labor management through
proper scheduling, monitoring, and adjusting based on business
- Follows proper selling techniques and ensures strategies are
utilized to maximize room revenues.
- Monitors room availability, follows restrictions, and all
booking policies and procedures.
- Drives sales and maximizes revenue by up-selling rooms and
- Uses expertise to suggest and implement changes to front desk
operations as needed, while maximizing revenue and occupancy.
- Attends all daily, weekly and/or monthly department/hotel
meetings to ensure proper communication/planning occurs.
- Must have high attention to detail, good communication skills
and leadership ability.
- Must have excellent organization skills, a high degree of
creativity to facilitate efficient problem solving.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and work in an
environment with frequent interruptions and tight deadlines Adheres
to all CSM Standard Operating Procedures.
- Conduct routine inspections of front desk operations to
maintain standards per CSM, local, state and federal
- Ensures a clean and safe work environment, and follows all CSM
procedures for guest/employee incidents.
Competencies/Skills Required: 2+ years prior guest service
experience required, preferably in a hospitality setting. Basic
computer knowledge and excellent verbal skills needed. Attention to
detail, customer focused and the ability to perform job duties in a
fast paced environment.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required some
college or college degree preferred.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift, push and pull up to 75
pounds on an occasional basis.
Keywords: CSM Corporation, Minneapolis , Front Desk Supervisor, Other , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!