Medical Assistant - Flexible Workforce
Company: Fairview Health Services
Posted on: June 13, 2021
M Health Fairview is looking for a float- Medical Assistant for
the North Region Clinic labs. This is a full time day/evening
position with one weekend a month rotation. The North Clinics
include the following sites: Andover, Brooklyn Park, Blaine, Bass
Lake, Elk River, Fridley, and Rogers.
Flex workforce employees regularly travel to multiple clinics to
fill open shifts and "regular" travel is defined as the expectation
to be available to travel 100% at any time to different locations
based on the business needs. The length of the assignment at a
location will vary based on need (i.e. 1 day for ill call or an
extended period of time), which includes the expectation to travel
to more than one clinic during the day at a moment's notice. The
nature of travel expectations (100%) and schedule expectations
(unpredictable) provide a clear distinction between flex workforce
employees and the expectations for travel (none or occasionally)
and schedules (predictable) for other employees.
We offer competitive Benefits , including Tuition Assistance and
The Medical Assistant plays an important role in providing
quality, proficient and professional laboratory services to diverse
populations within an ambulatory healthcare environment. The
Medical Assistant in the Clinic Laboratory gathers information to
support the patient visit. This includes laboratory specimen
collection, safe and secure specimen handling, ensuring efficient
workflow, scheduling tests and providing results as
The Medical Assistant also performs waived and moderate testing,
performs routine analysis and, using standard operating procedures
(SOP), operates and maintains instrumentation and information
The Medical Assistant works independently under general
supervision in the Clinic Laboratory.
Organization Expectations, as applicable:
- Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting
approaches to reflect developmental level and cultural differences
of population served
- Partners with patient care giver in care/decision making.
- Communicates in a respective manner.
- Ensures a safe, secure environment.
- Individualizes plan of care to meet patient needs.
- Modifies clinical interventions based on population
- Provides patient education based on as assessment of learning
needs of patient/care giver.
- Fulfills all organizational requirements
- Completes all required learning relevant to the role
Complies with and maintains knowledge of all relevant laws,
regulation, policies, procedures and standards.
- Fosters a culture of improvement, efficiency and innovative
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program or LPN
- Vocational/Technical Training or Associate Degree which
includes the completion of a clinical internship of at least 3
months duration or equivalent routes as specified in CLIA'88
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or Phlebotomy
Certification within one year of date of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Phlebotomy skills.
- 1-3 years laboratory experience.
- Willingness to work at other sites.
- Excellent customer service, public relations and communication
skills. Ability to prioritize and work with a fluctuation in
workload while working independently.
- Demonstrates focus on customer service/patient experience with
- Ability to work as an effective team member to provide
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills..
- Ability to embrace change and engage in ongoing process
- Ability to keyboard and utilize computer programs.
Keywords: Fairview Health Services, Minneapolis , Medical Assistant - Flexible Workforce, Other , Andover, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!