Field Service Engineer (Accraply)
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Comprised of the Accraply, Graham | Sleevit, Harland, Stanford
and Trine brands, Accraply unites some of the most trusted names in
product decoration and material converting. Known for our
cutting-edge technology and innovative custom-engineered designs,
Accraply has been credited with many industry firsts, and advances
in application and converting technologies. Accraply, a
Barry-Wehmiller Packaging Systems company, is a worldwide leader in
the design, manufacture and support of pressure-sensitive
(self-adhesive), roll-fed and shrink sleeve label application
systems, as well as converting and finishing equipment, for the
shrink sleeve and flexible-packaging markets.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering
consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging,
corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending
people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies
and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion
organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common
belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
An Accraply Field Service Engineer is responsible for providing
onsite service, installation, and training as well as phone support
to our customers. The goal of this position is to drive service
success that improves customer satisfaction and maximizes customer
retention while playing an integral role in strengthening the
financial success of the company. Engaged in the business by
actively participating in company events, training, education, lean
manufacturing and Lean programs and disciplines. Live by Accraply's
'people centric' culture, and lead by example.
- Complete an installation in a minimum amount of time to the
customer's satisfaction within the performance standards set for
that machine at the time of sale, unless otherwise arranged.
- Accurately and systematically troubleshoot and determine the
cause of the problem and present or implement workable solutions to
the customer's satisfaction in as minimal amount of time possible
without assistance from Accraply. After all practical solutions
have been exhausted the Engineer/Technician must call back to
Accraply for assistance to resolve the problem.
- Ensure the customer is adequately trained. Answer all
questions, confirm the customer's ability to operate and maintain
the equipment without assistance and fully understands and can
follow the service manual. This is certified by the customer's
signature on the service report.
- Answer questions correctly and present workable solutions
through one's own personal knowledge and research.
- Fill out reports completely after every service visit and have
the customer sign a copy of the service report.
- Stay within the Accraply guidelines for service travel and
obtain the best value for the operating expense using the company's
- Have a professional appearance, actions, communications,
interpersonal relations, cooperation with co-workers and customers,
and a positive attitude.
- Identify on designated reports potential sales. Disperse
reports with contact names to individuals involved. Constantly be
in search of and promoting sales.
- When in-house, the Accraply Service Engineer/Technician must
assume the role of a Machine Builder or Electronic Technician
whenever assigned to that position. The direct leader will be
notified when an assignment is near completion and additional work
- Systematically identify and expedite parts requested by a
customer as per Accraply procedure.
- With minimal supervision will research, identify, and
collaborate customer projects, communicating when appropriate.
- Two-year degree in a related field of study is required.
- In-the-field experience of packaging and labelling line
environments and/or sleeve label converting operations is
preferred. Knowledge of the market and an existing presence in the
market is an advantage.
- An engineering background is not a requirement but considered
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have the ability to read and interpret technical documents
such as engineering documents, operation and maintenance
instructions, bills of materials and procedure manuals.
- Effective written and oral forms of communication.
- The ability to speak professionally, clearly, and distinctly
with individuals or groups of customers or team members of the
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of leaders, clients and customers.
- Basic to intermediate skills in Micro Soft Office Outlook and
- PLC programming knowledge with Siemens and AB software.
- Ability to balance multiple projects with the potential of
phone calls and simultaneous inquiries.
- The ability to travel to customer locations worldwide. Travel
can average up to 75% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is
occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of
electrical shock. The environment will vary in degrees of condition
depending on the customer's facility, location and product being
- Sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to touch, handle or feel.
- Talk, see and hear.
- Bending and stooping, as well as twisting, lifting, kneeling
and reaching around machinery.
- Occasionally lift up to 75 pounds.
The previous statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to
this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth
of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of
a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here,
please still consider applying. We know that our differences often
can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful
work-therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply
to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable
accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may
include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications,
background screening and/or skills assessments.
Keywords: Barry-Wehmiller, Minneapolis , Field Service Engineer (Accraply), Other , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!