Precooked Machine Operator 1:30PM - 10:30PM (Wage starting at $16.00 & $2,000 Sign-On Bonus
Company: Michael Foods Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and
distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated
grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities
throughout our organization where you can enhance your career,
sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be
part of an innovative team that's First in Food.
We have the honor and responsibility of working in food - a
critical infrastructure industry during this time of global crisis.
We are working around the clock to keep inventory flowing to our
retailers and to help feed the world. We are hiring at many of our
manufacturing facilities; this is a great opportunity for those who
are now available due to hours being cut at their regular job or
being sent home from college temporarily.
- Responsible for operating equipment ensuring only the highest
quality product is being produced.
Operator 1 - Entry Level (learning 1 area)
Operator 2 - Completed 1 area learning the second
Operator 3 - Completed 2 areas, learning the third
Operator 4 - Completed all 3 areas
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up and clean, if necessary, all equipment including, oven
depositors, pumps, contherms, Feldmeiers, and any other equipment
prior to the scheduled start time to ensure on time start-ups.
- Perform quality checks on product being produced, recording
information on X&R bar charts and make necessary system
adjustments to ensure customer and company specifications are being
- Pick up all egg on the floor and keep floors, walls and
conveyors free of egg and water to control the bacterial threat and
- Dispose of inedible cooked/liquid egg in appropriate containers
according to USDA and company guidelines.
- Monitor spiral freezer operations checking for ice buildup on
the belts and coils, taking action to correct the problems to
maximize the quality and increase the length of the production
- Perform necessary sanitation duties as required to get the stem
back up and running in a set time period.
- Start CIP process where applicable, tests chemical
concentration, monitor CIP to make sure process works and system
- Dismantle equipment, pre-rinse, scrub, place parts in COP tank,
rise off and place on racks or carts to be inspected by QA and USDA
for proper cleanliness. Squeegee floors making sure they are dry
for the start of production to reduce bacteria risks.
- Collect and empty trash in the compactor to keep the plant free
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary
conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained.
- Report to management any conditions or practices that may
adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of MFI
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
One to three months related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in oral form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving one concrete variable
in standardized situations.
Keywords: Michael Foods Inc, Minneapolis , Precooked Machine Operator 1:30PM - 10:30PM (Wage starting at $16.00 & $2,000 Sign-On Bonus, Other , Gaylord, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!